Artful Impressions in The Big Easy
Degas House • New Orleans, LA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Garret Room
- Complimentary Gourmet French Breakfast with Champagne or Bloody Mary
- Tour of the Degas House from the Artist's Descendant
- Off-Street Parking Included
If your canvas is feeling a bit blank lately, get ready for a holiday that'll leave quite an impression. This week's Escape is an overnight stay ($99) for two at the Degas House in New Orleans -- the only former home of the famous Impressionist open to the public.
See how your historic host lived with a house tour led by Edgar Degas' great-grandniece, and then follow in his footsteps when you check into your Parisian-style artists' garret room. Degas dwelled in Parisian eaves for years, preferring their quiet calm to the bustle of the street.
Discover your inner artist while settling in -- guest rooms are not only appointed with charming antiques, French-milled soaps and hardwood floors, but also easels, drawing paper, and pastels. Find inspiration in the comfort of your quarters or easily take the portable easel with you to the French Quarter -- you may surprise yourself with a masterpiece along the lines of Degas' portrait of the Cotton Office.
Take your complimentary gourmet French breakfast in the parlor or the courtyard, and once you've had enough champagne (as if!) set out to explore the Crescent City. With its central Esplanade Avenue address, the Degas House is close enough to walk to the Bayou St. John and not far from the revelry of the Vieux Carre. Carry the weekend's theme through lunch and enjoy some escargot or moules-frites at the Café Degas, just up the street from your hotel.
By the end of this artful getaway, your stress will have melted away into an impression of bliss. After all, the Big Easy didn't get its name for nothing.
"Once home to French impressionist Edgar Degas, this historic 1852 home retains its original floor plan and colors. Spacious second-floor rooms have chandeliers that hang from 14-foot ceilings; one has a whirlpool bath; another has a balcony."-- Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per stay, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Customers can book starting February 1
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Rooms are double occupancy
- 14-day cancellation notice required or voucher is subject to forfeiture
- Not valid during special events and holidays: Mardi Gras (Mar 4-8), Jazz Fest (April 28-May 1 & May 5-8), Halloween (Oct 27-31), New Years Eve, Sugar Bowl (Jan. 4th), Essence Festival (July 1-4)
- Customers can book additional nights and receive a 15% discount
- Upgrade options: suites, chocolate, champagne; please inquire with merchant for more information
- Champagne and Bloody Mary are courtesy of the Edgar Degas Foundation, a 501C3 non profit organization
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 26, 2011 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 26, 2016 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 26, 2011 • Enjoy By December 26, 2011
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings