Drifting Away on East Bearskin Lake
Bearskin Lodge • Grand Marais, MN
- A Canoe Trip between Now and October 31, 2012, including a Three-Day, Two-Night Complete Kevlar Canoe Camping Trip for Two with Gear, Trail Food, and a $50 Credit for Another Outfitting Trip in 2013 ($295)
- Or, a Spring Lodging Escape, including a Three-Night Stay for Two, and a $50 Credit for Future Visit or Equipment Rental from May 1 to June 8, 2012 ($397)
In order to keep your mood from heading downstream, you should scan the horizon for a getaway that's docked in easygoing waters. Drift away on an Escape to Bearskin Lodge in Grand Marais, Minnesota, where no-fuss adventures and cozy comforts abound like pebbles on the shore.
Come in with the tide now through October 31, 2012, for a three-day, two-night complete Kevlar canoe camping trip for two, including a $50 credit for another outfitting trip in 2013 ($295). All the gear you need will be provided by Bearskin Wilderness Outfitters, in addition to delicious trail food like blueberry buttermilk pancakes and chili. Try the bratwurst and onions for lunch and the mac 'n' cheese for dinner, and then paddle your way to the popular Rose Falls.
Or, follow the current to one of the fully furnished cabins on Bearskin Lake and stay for three nights between May 1 and June 8, 2012, including a $50 credit for a future visit or equipment rental ($397). Set a stone's throw away from Minneapolis, the lodge has welcomed its guests to cabins and campsites since 1925. Kick off your wellies in a space that may feature bedrooms with skylights, wraparound windows, and wood-burning fireplaces.
On dry land, you can hike some (or all) of the 18-mile jaunt between Silver Bay and Country Road Six along the Superior Hiking Trail. "You'll encounter several glacier-scoured lakes, excellent views of Lake Superior, [and] beautiful groves of birches and maples," says National Geographic ADVENTURE magazine.
Bike along the trails; fish for walleye, smallmouth bass, and trout in East Bearskin Lake; or kayak in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. If there is snow on the ground, strap on a pair of of snowshoes and trek off the beaten path or on the lodge's well-groomed wooded trails.
Later, go overboard with dinner at The Crooked Spoon Café. Order the pan-roasted pork tenderloin in a bourbon molasses cider glaze, and then take the bait of the bittersweet chocolate and peanut butter tart for dessert.
Finally, end your trip buoyed in the lodge's private hot tub. And just think—with your $50 voucher to use toward a future outfitting outfitting trip or visit, the coast is clear for even more fun to come.
"Of the many lodges strung out along the Gunflint, north of Grand Marais, Bearskin most elegantly combines the pleasures of wilderness and luxury, creatures and comfort."-- Minnesota Monthly
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy; additional guests may be added for an extra fee (inquire at time of booking)
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- May be applied to upgraded suites
- Taxes not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 11, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 11, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 11, 2012 • Enjoy By May 11, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings