Big City to Big Game in South Africa
Africa Answers • Cape Town, South Africa
- Round-trip Coach Airfare Aboard Emirates from San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, or New York between January 1 and March 31, 2012 ($3,079); San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Dallas, or Seattle between April 1 and May 31, 2012 ($3,279); Dallas between February 1 and March 31, 2012 ($2,999); or Seattle between March 1 and March 31, 2012 ($2,999)
- Four-Night Stay at The Taj Cape Town with Complimentary Upgrade Based on Availability and Breakfast Each Day
- Local Carrier Flight and Airport Transfer from Cape Town to Johannesburg
- Three-Night Stay at Ivory Tree Game Lodge with All Meals Included and Daily Game Drives
Did you know that an elephant can smell water up to three miles away? If you're getting parched just thinking about it, quench your thirst for adventure with this week's Escape to South Africa, including round-trip airfare, on an 11-day city and safari excursion from Africa Answers.
Fill your canteen, grab your binoculars, and depart from San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, or New York between January 1 and March 31, 2012 ($3,079); San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Dallas, or Seattle between April 1 and May 31, 2012 ($3,279); Dallas between February 1 and March 31, 2012 ($2,999); or Seattle between March 1 and March 31, 2012 ($2,999).
Your roundtrip flight aboard Emirates stops en route in Dubai, before traveling on to the coastal cliffs of mystical Cape Town.
After an included private transfer from Cape Town Airport, you'll check into The Taj Cape Town—a luxury hotel situated in the heart of Mother City's historical downtown district—for a five-star, four-night stay.
During your daily included breakfast, study up on the must-see sights of this vast, diverse city before setting out to explore. Visit Cape Town's most famous landmark, Table Mountain, before setting sail for Robben Island, known as the Alcatraz of South Africa (Escapees will receive a discount upon admission).
Keep an eye on the horizon for a unique breed of cuisine at The Taj eatery, Mint, which serves up an inspiring selection of Indian and South African dishes.
On day seven, jet to Johannesburg, where a host will meet you at the airport and accompany you to the Ivory Tree Game Lodge, a five-star luxury lodge situated inside the lion-viewing reserve of Pilanesberg National Park. You'll stay three-nights in a colonial-inspired double suite with a terrace, ensuite bathroom with indoor bath, and outdoor shower. All meals and daily game activities are included, and a bottle of chilled wine will greet you upon arrival like a desert oasis.
This cushy camp has a restaurant, bar, pool, and award-winning Sanctuary Spa, where you'll want to relax after your first sunrise sightseeing safari, flush with Big 5 game and stunning scenery. Then, join your fellow travelers for high tea by the pool before pouncing on the chance to see more wild animals on an early evening game drive.
On days eight and nine, you'll be roaring at the chance to spend the next two mornings and afternoons deep in the bush, studying wild animals up close with expert guides and trackers on hand to test your tusk and lion knowledge.
Once you've earned your stripes learning all things South Africa, you'll migrate with the rest of the pride back to the US via Dubai, ready to profess your love of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
For additional information view Africa Answer's full itinerary.
"The country is stable and affordable, with an excellent infrastructure; friendly, interesting, amazingly diverse people; and enough stunning sights, sounds, scenery, and attractions to make even the most jaded traveler sit up and take notice."-- Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Voucher price is per person, based on two people traveling together
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations must made by December 14, 2011
- Single occupancy supplement is $1,000 per person, and will be charged at the time of booking
- Seats and rooms are limited and subject to availability at time of booking
- Once booked, the package is non-refundable and non-transferable
- Amendments to bookings will also incur fees
- Excludes air taxes of approximately $125 per person; will be collected at booking
- All deal components must be redeemed during one visit
- The deal is valid only for date purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • Enjoy By May 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms