Bellinis in a Bygone Era at a Historic Southern Mansion
Historic Mankin Mansion • Richmond, VA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Your Choice of Suite or Cottage
- Freshly Baked Cookies Upon Arrival
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast for Two, Ensuite or in The Grand Rockefeller Room
- Bottle of Wine and Mediterranean Hors D'oeuvres
- Wine Tasting and Tour
- Daily Mimosas and Bellinis for Two
- Ensuite Movie Night with Sweet and Savory Snacks
- Champagne Toast for Two and Dessert at Pescados Restaurant
- Complimentary Chocolates, Snacks, and Sodas in The Game Room
- Wi-Fi, Guest Parking, and Round-Trip Luxury Shuttle Service to Richmond Airport and Train Station
At the turn of the 20th century, the Historic Mankin Mansion was built as a home for the founder of one of the South's most highly regarded brick foundries. Today, a husband-and-wife team of proprietors have restored the property to its circa 1903 grandeur, laying the foundation for an extravagantly elegant bed and breakfast nestled in the Richmond countryside.
This week's Escape creates the blueprint for a two-night stay for you and your favorite foreman ($350) in one of the inn's suites or cozy cottages, complete with a luxury shuttle to and from the Richmond airport or train station, a bottle of wine upon arrival, and a wine tasting tour for two.
"The winding road that leads to this Richmond estate is so scenic that we'll admit to falling in love with Mankin Mansion at first drive," gushes ResortsandLodges.com. "There's so much to adore about this Southern charmer."
After taking shelter, you'll be floored to find that your historic hideaway is mere minutes from the modern shopping, dining, and entertainment of downtown Richmond—but also feels as though you've stepped back in time. In addition to daily gourmet breakfast for two—which you can take in your guest room or The Grand Rockefeller Room—you'll delight in daily mimosas and Bellinis.
This grand mansion is more than just its facade, so take time to explore the grounds' formal English gardens, giant lawn-sized chess set, or bocce court. Once you steal away for a quiet moment beneath the shade of the inn's 100-year old Sycamore tree, you'll understand why this National Historic Landmark was named one of Virginia's top ten wedding resorts.
When your appetite goes through the roof, innkeepers Martin and Paula Ramirez will have already been two steps ahead of you: Your Escape also includes freshly baked cookies upon arrival, an evening of Mediterranean hors d'oeuvres for two, a movie night with sweet and savory snacks in your suite, and a champagne toast with dessert at Pescados, whose Caribbean-Latin fusion cuisine was named Richmond's best new restaurant of 2011.
"Synonymous with fresh fish, Pescados features only the freshest flown in daily from places like Honolulu and Tobago," says Richmond.com. "The result are dishes like plantain-crusted grouper, seared dorado fish tacos, or chef's specials that employ cutting edge cooking techniques like you'll find on Top Chef."
Lucky for you, the only quickfire challenge here is how fast you head to Richmond. For an opulent Escape to a bygone era, the writing's on the wall.
"The Ramirez family makes every moment perfect at this unique property. The grounds and cottages are elegant, relaxing, and inviting. The amenities are top notch. Every room is beautiful with attention to detail. [We] enjoyed every minute of our stay."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of one week applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Wi-fi available
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2012 • Enjoy By March 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings