Poised and Provençale in the Shenandoah Valley
L'Auberge Provençale • Boyce, VA
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays
- Breakfast for Two
- Cooking Class for Two
- Welcome Cheese and Wine
- Afternoon Pastries, Fresh Fruit, and Hot Mulled Cider
For a vacation you'll savor for years to come, find all the ingredients you'll need in bucolic Boyce, Virginia, with this week's Escape to the heart of the Shenandoah Valley.
Stay for one night, any Sundays through Thursdays, at the historic L'Auberge Provençale ($299). Although you might find a recipe for fun upon arriving at the place the Washingtonian calls "a country inn with the flavor of Provence," there's no need to follow any directions on this getaway.
Past guests call their stays "absolutely perfect in every way," citing beautiful rooms and impeccable service. "We had dinner at the restaurant on Thursday and after having one of the most delicious meals of our lives (and we have been to the best places all over the world), we reserved again for Friday."
Things will really get cookin' once you settle into your guest room, warmly decorated in French fabrics and canary- or peach-colored walls. To further evoke the feel of France, there will be wine and cheese awaiting you. Awaken in the morning to an included breakfast of such delicacies as homemade croissants and apple crêpes.
Tour the Virginia countryside and its surrounding vineyards, such as Linden or Barrel Oak. Stir those in with a pinch of history, whether it be retracing George Washington's steps through this area (and perhaps even through this very inn) or visiting a Civil War battlefield. Add in some hiking, antiquing, and golfing to taste.
Your Escape will really start to sizzle during a cooking class for two with the world-class chefs of the inn's AAA Four Diamond restaurant, with a rare Zagat rating of 27. L'Auberge grows its own vegetables and followed the farm-to-table bible long before it was fashionable; stop into the restaurant for a sampling of the prix fixe menu featuring dishes like roasted pumpkin-and-lobster soup, as well as duck and foie gras.
The only thing the food here might pale in comparison to is the genteel service: "The staff was attentive and paid careful consideration to detail," promises Spoon and Fork DC. "No sooner had I taken the last sip of mimosa than a second one appeared in my hand. Every action was accompanied by a smile."
For a taste of France too good to pass up, experience unparalleled joie de vivre at L'Auberge Provençal with an Escape that's good to the last bite.
"Chef-owner Alain Borel and his wife Celeste, bring the warm elegance of the south of France to this 1750s country inn, originally a sheep farm owned by Lord Fairfax. Rooms are eclectically decorated with French art and fabrics..."-- USA Today
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher is valid Sunday - Thursdays only
- Not valid on weekends or Valentine's Day
- Only valid on rooms and suites 1-8; subject to availability
- Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 19, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 19, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 19, 2012 • Enjoy By April 19, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings