A Natural Work of Art in the San Juan Islands
Otters Pond Bed and Breakfast • Eastsound, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in The Hummingbird or Chickadee Room ($230) or The Swan or Goldfinch Room ($290)
- Daily Multi-Course Breakfast
- $25 Reimbursement for Round-Trip Ferry Ticket to Orcas Island
- Afternoon Refreshments with Sparkling Cider
- Flower Bouquet in Room
- Copy of Otters Pond Bed and Breakfast Cookbook
- 10% Discount for Jewelry and Accessories at Jillery
Famed Impressionist painter Claude Monet found inspiration in his natural surroundings, however the landscape was never towering skyscrapers. Getaway to a more organic environment with this week's Escape to the Otters Pond Bed and Breakfast on Washington's Orcas Island.
Known as "the emerald isle" and "the gem of the San Juan Islands", the island is the perfect canvas for a trip for two. Stay for two nights in The Hummingbird or Chickadee Room ($230) or The Swan or Goldfinch Room ($290), including a blooming floral bouquet upon arrival; afternoon refreshments with freshly baked cookies and sparkling cider; and a $25 reimbursement for your round-trip ferry ticket to Orcas Island.
Let the aromatic sea air wash over you as you board the Washington State ferry for your one-hour trip across the Salish Sea. Then settle into your room before heading out for a hike at Moran State Park, which covers 5,252 acres of the island and is only minutes from the inn. Snap photos when you reach the top of Mt. Constitution (the tallest peak in the San Juan Islands), and take in the gorgeous view of the Cascades and the Olympics.
Later, explore the island's dizzying array of colors with Shearwater Sea Kayak Tours or Outer Island Expeditions, or head back to the property to catch a glimpse of a great blue heron or bald eagle on a mini birding expedition. Then, complement your itinerary with a stroll around picturesque Eastsound Village. Stop by Jillery to browse the jewelry and accessories (Escapees have a ten-percent discount), check out the art at The Lambiel Museum, and then indulge in a palette-pleasing meal at one of the island's many restaurants.
Back at the inn, sink into the Shoji-screened, therapeutic hot tub to soothe your body before cozying up by the fire in the sitting room. The highlight of your stay might just be the gourmet specialties whipped up for breakfast each morning (think fluffy Belgian waffles or bananas Foster pancakes). The dishes are so good that the inn's owners have created a cookbook, which you'll tote with you on your way out the door.
Leave feeling refreshed, inspired, and satisfied knowing that a relaxing Escape to the San Juan Islands wasn't just a pigment of your imagination.
"The innkeepers were friendly and helpful. They pointed us to some great restaurants and places not to be missed during our stay. And they served us an amazing four-course breakfast. It was delicious and we didn't need to eat again until mid-afternoon."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book your stay with the property no later than February 29, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit three per purchaser, up to five additional as gifts
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include daily multi-course breakfast, $25 reimbursement for round-trip ferry ticket to Orcas Island, afternoon refreshments with sparkling cider, flower bouquet in room, copy of Otters Pond Bed and Breakfast cookbook, and 10% discount for jewelry and accessories at Jillery
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy only
- Taxes not included and payable directly to the property
- Call for reservations between 9am and 9pm (PT)
- Blackouts may exist, including but not limited to February 17, 18, 19 and May 25, 26, 27; all dates subject to availability
- Additional nights can be added with additional fee payable to the inn at the time of redemption
- Upgrades may be available for an additional fee and payable directly to the inn at the time of reservation
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 15, 2012 • Enjoy By June 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings