Back in Time to Wine and Dine in Virginia
Historic Rosemont Manor • Berryville, VA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Guest Room ($298), Deluxe Guest Room ($339), or Luxury Suite ($369)
- Daily Hot Breakfast for Two
- Wine, Cheese, and Fruit Reception
- Picnic Lunch Basket for Two with Wine or Sparkling Cider
- Wine Tasting for Two at Up to Three Local Vineyards
- $50 in Gift Certificates to Local Merchants
Reenact pivotal points in this nation's history—sans blue-and-gray uniform and bayonet—and get into character for this week's Escape to Historic Rosemont Manor with a two-night stay for two in a standard guest room ($298), deluxe guest room ($339), or luxury suite ($369).
You and a fellow history buff can retrace the steps of former Virginia Governor and US Senator Harry Byrd, Sr., the estate's previous owner. Stride with the confidence of former guest John Wayne into the 200-year-old manor, which boasts 12 unique guest rooms with magnificent views and private baths.
A wine, cheese, and fruit reception will help set the scene, and while the modern amenities like Wi-Fi access, climate control, and iPod docks in the suites may not be historically accurate, they'll ensure your every need is met.
After a hearty hot breakfast, recreate history by exploring the property that presidents Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, and Roosevelt once visited. A stroll through the lush lawns, majestic grand portico, and rustic carriage house will have you feeling like a true statesman. Enjoy an included picnic lunch basket for two before hiking to nearby Snickers Gap for a breathtaking view of the Shenandoah Valley.
Next, hit the town and take advantage of $50 in gift certificates to local merchants. If your appetite for history is matched only by your appetite for good food and drink, make time for meals at The Berryville Grille (try Heidi's meatloaf and other classic comfort foods) or the Battletown Inn, which offers a Southern fine-dining experience featuring local, seasonal ingredients. Both will pair well with included wine tastings at up to three local wineries.
You don't have to be as smart as Albert Einstein or as daring as Charles Lindbergh (yep, they were both former guests of the manor, too) to appreciate this Escape, but you will need to act now before it's lost to the annals of history for good.
"The décor of the room was exquisite: The old clawfoot bathtub was perfect for a bubble bath! We enjoyed relaxing in the parlor and the game room... Only an hour away from the hustle and bustle of Northern Virginia, but it seemed like a different world."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per room per reservation
- Rooms are subject to availability and must be reserved in advance within a 60 day window
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- All packages are for two nights and are for two people (must be 21 or older)
- Valid February 14, 2012 - April 1, 2012; Tuesday & Wednesday, Thursday & Friday or Saturday & Sunday only
- Valid April 2, 2012 - October 30, 2012; Monday & Tuesday or Wednesday & Thursday only
- Nov 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013; Tuesday & Wednesday or Thursday & Friday or Saturday & Sunday only
- Upgrades available and subject to availability
- Hotel Policies apply rosemont1811.com/accommodations/room-reservation-and-house-policies/
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2013 • Enjoy By January 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings