Gulf of Dulce in the Front, National Park in the Back
Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge • Golfito, Costa Rica
- A Three- ($438) or Four-Night ($584) Stay for Two in a Mango Guest House Room
- Round-Trip Boat Transportation from Puerto Jiménez or Golfito to Lodge
- Three Daily Meals for Two
"Hands down, this is the best eco-lodge on the gulf, combining comfortable, upscale accommodations and great food with an emphasis on adventure on both land and sea," according to Fodor's review.
All of the staff are as cool as cucumbers—friendly and attentive from the moment they pick you up at the airport in Puerto Jiménez or Golfito. You'll be whisked to the tree-house-style lodge via boat, as that is the only way to access the property perched among the mangroves of the Pacific Coast gulf.
Constructed from naturally fallen trees and recycled materials, this environmentally-friendly retreat offers all the comforts without compromising its idyllic natural setting. Spend three ($438) or four nights ($584) in a Mango Guest House Room, featuring hardwood floors, a private terrace, louvered doors, open-air garden showers, and windows that wrap around the room for panoramic views of the jungle.
If you're after an active vacation, you'll find this adventurous outpost peachy keen: Choose from an abundance of activities including kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, rainforest hiking, wildlife viewing, and horseback riding. The lodge's 165-acre preserve, which backs up into the Piedras Blancas National Park, promises plenty of opportunities to get back to nature, including guided night walks with the lodge's resident naturalist. Join other guests for yoga at sunrise or sunset on the platform overlooking the water; spot toucans, macaws, monkeys, and sloths on the park's trails; and book a relaxing a sunset boat tour.
The cherry on top? Inventive tropical cuisine is prepared with fresh fish, fruit, and vegetables straight from the surrounding sea and forest (and the on-site garden, of course). Guests dine family-style (by candlelight in the evening) at a long, handcrafted wood table in the open-air lodge. Sip freshly squeezed mango juice at breakfast, sample homemade pico de gallo at lunch, and dig into yellowfin tuna at dinner.
If you're looking for adventure and relaxation in an unspoiled setting, this ripe Costa Rican retreat is bound to bear fruit.
"Set on its own private bay, with a large stretch of black-sand beach, this is the most impressive lodge along the shores of the Golfo Dulce. The main lodge building is a huge, open-air affair with a relaxed inviting vibe."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 3 vouchers can be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Package based on double occupancy / Additional Pax Upon Request
- Flight to and from Puerto Jimenez or Golfito is not included
- Nicuesa transfer boat cannot pick-up or drop off later than 3 p.m. on day of arrival or departure
- Lodge is not recommended for children under 6
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings