Off the Leash in Lovely Hampton Roads
The White Dog Inn • Matthews, VA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in the Bailey Hudgins Suite, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from April 1 to October 31, 2012 ($180) or from November 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013 ($150)
- A One-Night Stay for Two in the General Lane Suite, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from April 1 to October 31, 2012 ($195) or from November 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013 ($170)
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Bailey Hudgins Suite, Fridays and Saturdays, from April 1 to October 31, 2012 ($312) or from November 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013 ($264)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the General Lane Suite, Fridays and Saturdays, from April 1 to October 31, 2012 ($355) or from November 1 to March 31, 2013 ($288)
- Five-Course Dinner Plus Wine Pairing for Two
- Wine-and-Cheese Reception for Two on Fridays and Saturdays
Being treated like a dog used to be something to be avoided at all costs, but these days, pooches get more pampering than we do. Luckily, you won't need to roll over to fetch this week's luxurious Escape to the stately White Dog Inn, a bed and breakfast, bistro, and coffee house nestled in historic Mathews County in Hampton Roads, Virginia.
You're on a loose leash when it comes to choosing your designer digs. Opt for the Bailey Hudgins Suite with its four-post queen-size bed and view of the historic Mathews Courthouse area. Chase after a one-night stay for two on a Wednesday or Thursday from April 1 and October 31, 2012 ($180) or from November 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013 ($150). Or, sink your teeth into a two-night stay for two, Fridays and Saturdays, from April 1 and October 31, 2012 ($312) or from November 1, 2012 to March 31, 2012 ($264).
For pups that need a bigger kennel, you'll find plenty of space in the General Lane Suite, which boasts a king-size bed, original pine-plank flooring, and a marble bathroom. Dig up a one-night stay for two in the low season ($170) or the high season ($195), or shake on a two-night stay for two, Fridays and Saturdays, during the low season ($288) or the high season ($355).
Whatever you decide, you're in for plenty of treats. All stays include a five-course dinner for two complete with a wine pairing on the first night followed by a breakfast the next morning or a brunch on Sunday. And if you book for Fridays and Saturdays, you'll lap up a palate-pleasing wine-and-cheese reception in the guest lounge on Saturday night at 5 p.m.
The inn's bistro is elegantly casual and serves up seasonal dishes like butternut squash ravioli and crawfish fettucini. No need to beg for breakfast––French toast, frittatas, Bloody Marys, and specialty coffee are available for purchase.
And during the day, you won't feel fenced in with the whole of Mathews County to explore. Romp through the waters of the Mobjack Bay when you rent a kayak, sailboat, fishing boat, or tour boat. Take in sights like the historic New Point Comfort Lighthouse, standing tall since 1804. Or, sign up for an outdoor workshop in plein air painting, where you'll learn that you can indeed teach old dogs new tricks.
Get out of that office chair and cozy up in the lap of luxury. See? A dog's life really is the best life.
"The White Dog Inn has the best food you will find around the area. Located next door to the Old Courthouse in a historic home, you will not be disappointed... Stop by on Friday nights for music and drink specials on the deck."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit two per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of seven days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- The White Dog does make appearances; please no pet allergies
- Not valid for anyone under 21 years old
- Please mention any food or dietary restrictions at time of booking
- Taxes not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings