It's All Less Complicated in Amish Country
The White Oak Inn • Danville, OH
- A Two-Night Stay for Two on Sundays through Thursdays in The Cherry Room, The Walnut Room, The Oak Room, The Maple Room, The Ash Room, The Willow Room, or The Poplar Room with a Romantic Dinner Basket for Two ($291)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two on Fridays and Saturdays in The Cherry Room, The Walnut Room, The Oak Room, The Maple Room, The Ash Room, The Willow Room, or The Poplar Room with a Four-Course Candlelit Dinner for Two ($306)
- Daily Breakfast Served in Room
- $20 Massage Credit
- Chocolate Cake and Milk One Evening
If a horse-drawn buggy and sprawling farmland is your idea of the perfect getaway, this week's Escape to The White Oak Inn, situated in the heart of northeast Ohio's Amish country, is guaranteed to satisfy your simple—yet sophisticated—sensibilities.
Don't worry, you won't have to churn your own butter or sew your own quilts. You'll have all the accoutrements a savvy sojourner expects—including chocolate cake and milk one evening, a daily in-room breakfast, and a $20 massage credit—during a two-night stay in The Cherry Room, The Walnut Room, The Oak Room, The Maple Room, The Ash Room, The Willow Room, or The Poplar Room.
Arrive on Sundays through Thursdays and enjoy a romantic dinner basket for two ($291), or opt for a weekend stay with a four-course candlelit dinner for two ($306). The Arts and Crafts-style accommodations are situated on 14 wooded acres, and feature modern amenities like TVs, DVD players, and Wi-Fi.
Even though the locals may be driving a team of plow horses or building a barn in a day, you are free to just observe. Explore Historic Roscoe Village; discover pottery, pewter, and handcrafted furniture at a host of local antique stores and workshops; or shop for wine, cheese, baked goods, and homemade chocolate.
Take one of the inn's complimentary self-guided tours with such tempting titles as "The Wine and Cheese Trail" and "Eat Your Way Through Amish Country," or hit the Kokosing Gap Trail. Other options for outdoor enthusiasts include Tree Frog Canopy Tours and canoeing along the Kokosing River.
Back at the inn, the 50-foot-long porch is beckoning, along with complimentary hot and cold beverages and snacks (available 24 hours a day). And meals here are more festive feast than Spartan sit-downs—hearty country food is accented with farm-fresh produce, herbs grown on-site, and decadent desserts whipped up in house.
After a morning meal of dishes like stuffed French toast or artichoke and tomato strata, take your cup o' joe or tea to the pine-ensconced gazebo, or linger longer on the porch swing. Everything is miraculously uncomplicated here.
Hitch up your wagon, take the reins, and travel away from the hustle and bustle. On this week's Escape, it's plain to see why the simple things—like rest and relaxation—are so important.
"Holmes County is home to the largest Amish community in the country, where you can tour working farms, browse and buy their crafts, and, if you’re lucky, maybe even happen upon a barn-raising or an Amish wedding."-- Frommers
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit two per purchaser, up to three additional as gifts
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates: Local special events, May 17 - 20, 2012, Memorial Day weekend (May 25 - 27, 2012), Labor Day weekend (August 31 - September 2, 2012), Columbus Day Weekend (October 5 - 7, 2012), October 18 - 21, 2012, Thanksgiving weekend (November 21 - 23, 2012), New Years' weekend (December 28 to 31, 2012), Valentine's weekend (February 14-17, 2013)
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Option A (Sunday - Thursday) includes dinner basket, sweet dreams package (chocolate cake and milk before bed), $20 massage credit and breakfast in bed
- Option B (Friday or Saturday) includes four-course candlelit dinner, sweet dreams package (chocolate cake and milk before bed), $20 massage credit and breakfast in bed
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 7, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 7, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 7, 2013 • Enjoy By March 7, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings