Once a Mine, Now Yours in Coal Country
Huckleberry House • Roslyn, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($135) or Fridays and Saturdays ($157), in the Best Available Room
- Daily Breakfast Basket for Two from Maggie's Pantry
- Bottle of Wine and Chocolates Upon Arrival
History runs deep in Roslyn—literally. Once a booming coal town (at its height, home to more than 4,000 brutish miners and a less-than-savory "service" industry), this blip on the map just south of Cle Elum Lake has surfaced as one of Western Washington's most well-preserved historical hamlets.
Today, in addition to its good-ol'-days charm, this town of less than 1,000 is rife with opportunities for outdoor adventure, wine tasting, antiquing, and fine dining, and in the thick of it all is Huckleberry House.
About 90 minutes east of Seattle, this four-room inn is offering a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($135) or Fridays and Saturdays ($157), plus daily breakfast for two and a bottle of wine and chocolates upon arrival.
Modest yet tasteful, the cozy guest rooms at this eco-friendly inn just outside of town are appointed with either a king-, queen-, or full-size bed draped in organic cotton sheets; antique bureaus, rugs, and chairs; and private bathrooms with clawfoot tubs or large showers.
The real attraction: a wraparound porch, outfitted with plentiful seating, that looks out onto Roslyn and the town's striking Immaculate Conception Church. Be sure to grab a book from the upstairs library before you while away an afternoon in this idyllic setting.
Or, if you're a foodie, start looking forward to your breakfast basket from Maggie's Pantry, which might include fresh-baked pastries and other organic goodies.
Make like the miners of yore and eat up: Adventure abounds here, and you'll need the calories to explore it all. Hit North 1st Street for a stroll past atmospheric false-front clapboard facades; belly up to the bar at the Brick Tavern (Washington's oldest continuously operating watering hole); or take a turn down memory lane at The Roslyn Museum, which houses an extensive collection of coal-mining memorabilia.
But remember that you're in the heart of the Cascade Mountains and on the border of the four-million-acre Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, which is humming with wildlife and offers boundless opportunities for hiking, biking, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, and fishing.
Yep, just like the miners before you, you've hit the mother lode. In the words of soccer announcers everywhere, "COOOOAAALLL!"
"Don and Sybil were so friendly and down to earth. They built a house next door so the B&B is dedicated to the guests. This means you have the kitchen and common rooms available to you, which makes it a home away from home."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2012 • Enjoy By August 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings