A House in the Woods on the Key
Bear's Lair Bed & Breakfast • Gig Harbor, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Dahlia or Rose Room ($185) or the Carriage House ($235)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Sparkling Cider, Keepsake Champagne Flutes, Long-Stem Rose, and Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
When Goldilocks was looking for the ideal accommodations, she had to test a few options before she arrived at the perfect one.
But that's all been done for you with this week's Escape, and you can reap the rewards of having found a just-right place to stay with your visit to Bear's Lair Bed & Breakfast in Gig Harbor, less than an hour from Seattle.
Indulge in a two-night stay for two in the Dahlia or Rose Room ($185) or the Carriage House ($235). Both options come with a romance package, which includes sparkling cider, keepsake champagne flutes, a long-stem rose, and chocolate-covered strawberries.
You can count on a bed that's not too hard nor too soft, as well as a calming, relaxing environment that no one's going to barge in on.
In the Dahlia Room, you'll have a view to the "secret garden" and get to listen as the fountain lulls you, while the Rose Room is Old World Europe at its best, with wainscoting, brass sconces, and a maroon reading chair (which won't break into pieces when you sit in it). The Carriage House, meanwhile, offers 1,000 square feet of utter privacy, intricate woodwork, a gourmet kitchen, a queen-size log bed, and an atmospheric patio dining room.
Your stay includes a signature gourmet breakfast, and you'll get a whole lot more than just porridge—think fresh-roasted coffee, seasonal fruits and juices, homemade muffins, pesto eggs, and a vegetable frittata.
The fairy-tale-like setting features manicured gardens, a duck pond with an island gazebo, and ample bird-watching opportunities. If you want to venture outside the enchanted grounds, Gig Harbor's waterfront, with its art galleries, small shops, and seafood-centric restaurants, is a sweet place to take a stroll.
Goldilocks knew where to find the good stuff, and now you do, too—no trespassing required.
"This charming, romantic getaway is hidden on the edge of the rustic but beautiful Key Peninsula, and only a few minutes away from downtown Gig Harbor. But the illusion that civilization is far removed ... does not escape even local residents."-- WestSound Home & Garden Magazine
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Offers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; taxes and fees are not included in the rate and are to be paid directly to the property upon redemption
- Vouchers include Daily Breakfast for Two, Sparkling Cider, Keepsake Champagne Flutes, Long-Stem Rose, and Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- Valid only on new reservations
- Blackout dates are: all major holidays and holiday weekends
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings