Hittin' the Surf in Sunny San Clemente
The INN at Calafia Beach • San Clemente, CA
- A Two-Night Stay in One- ($139) or Two-Bedroom ($155) Accommodations
- A Four-Hour Boogie Board Rental for Two
- One Bottle of Wine and Sweet Treat
- A $25 Dinner Credit to BeachFire, Irons in the Fire, or Iva Lee's
Known as much for its stoked-on-life surf scene as it is for being home to the country's largest Marine Corps base, San Clemente, in southern Orange County, might seem paradoxical.
But the city's approximately 65,000 residents, sporting everything from dreadlocks to crew cuts, get along swimmingly here. And on these sun-soaked, palm-lined shores, why wouldn't they? Jump in—the water's great!—with this week's Escape to The INN at Calafia Beach, an oh-so-retro surf motel just a ten-minute walk from the water.
Your two-night stay for two begins in a one- ($139) or two-bedroom abode ($155). The old-school motor court-style motel—perfect to meet new friends out by the fire pit in the courtyard—offers 16 guest rooms. Each features a personal refrigerator, complimentary Wi-Fi, cable, and parking for one car.
Grab your four-hour rentals for boogie boards, and head for the 3,000-acre San Onofre State Beach, which comprises some of the most sought-after breaks on the West Coast, including the famed Trestles.
With a sun-kissed glow and beachy hair, head back to the inn and shower off in the courtyard, furnished with comfy teak patio furniture, then slap some steaks on the gas grill.
Post fuel-up, take a drive north on the Pacific Coast Highway, which offers some of California's most stunning bluff-top scenery as it wends through the coastal communities of Dana Point (a great spot to spy whales), San Juan Capistrano, and Laguna Beach.
A bottle of wine and a sweet treat await you upon your return to the motel, along with a $25 dinner credit to one of three San Clemente restaurants: Iva Lee's (Southern and Creole cuisine plus live music), Irons in the Fire, or BeachFire (both serving fresh, locally sourced seafood prepared with international twists).
At day's end, unwind in front of your TV or take in the sunset, and kick back like Dick Nixon. The former president had a beach house in San Clemente in the late 1960s and '70s—but don't let that harsh your mellow in this peaceful beach town.
"Travelers who shun the throngs in favor of a low-key beach experience—the part of the OC coast that Hollywood doesn't base TV series on—should drive 10 mi south of Dana Point on Pacific Coast Highway to San Clemente."-- Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit one per purchaser, up to one additional as a gift
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher includes a four-hour boogie board rental for two, one bottle of wine and sweat treat, a $25 dinner credit to Beachfire, Irons in the Fire, or Iva Lee's
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based on occupancy for two in a one-bedroom and up to four in two-bedroom
- Wifi available
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates will be May 19-21, May 25-28, June 19 through August 19, 2012
- No pets are allowed
- Rooms are non-smoking
- Restaurant choices are subject to change
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2012 • Enjoy By November 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 47% savings