A Stick-to-Your-Ribs Carolina Retreat
Captain's Quarters Inn • Edenton, NC
- A Two-Night Stay for Two on a Mondays and Tuesdays or Wednesdays and Thursdays in Room 1 (Captain's Perks), 2 (The Pirate Anne Bonny), 5 (The Captain Quilt), or 8 (The Cutty Sark)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Welcome Barbecue Sauce Tasting with Pulled Pork and Wine at 6 p.m.
- One "Rib University" St. Louis-Style Ribs Cooking Class for Two
- Evening Barbecue Pork Ribs Tasting Plus Dinner for Two on the Second Night
- Two Movie Tickets to Local Theater
- Take-Home Aprons, Rubs, and Recipes
Pirates and mermen alike: It's time to grab your first mate and sail into Edenton, North Carolina, "The South's Prettiest Small Town," for a swashbucklin' good time.
Escape for two nights, Mondays and Tuesdays or Wednesdays and Thursdays, to the Captain's Quarters Inn, a romantic 1907 bed and breakfast situated just a stone's throw from the historic district's scenic waterfront ($230).
Pick from four nautically themed rooms: Room 1 (Captain's Perks), 2 (The Pirate Anne Bonny), 5 (The Captain Quilt), or 8 (The Cutty Sark). All accommodations include complimentary Wi-Fi, private baths, and a piping-hot breakfast each morning.
Happy 'arrrr starts at 6 p.m. on the first night; learn how to distinguish one barbecue sauce from another during a tasting, complete with pulled pork and wine. Then, admire the antebellum architecture in the village of Edenton on your way to the movie theater with two included tickets.
The next morning you'll enroll in pork "Rib University" class. Follow along as award-winning pit master and inn co-owner, Don Pariseau, helps you make your own rack of St. Louis-style ribs, using in-house rubs and sauces that you'll enjoy later that evening with a festive dinner.
The Cap'n is no stranger to booty, as he has taken first and fifth places in barbecue competitions. But if you're feeling mutinous, bring your own rub. Perhaps yours will be voted the best in show when it's time to serve up the grub with slaw, baked beans, and cornbread.
You'll walk the plank, er, walk home with commemorative aprons, specialty rubs, and a treasure trove of recipes. And you'll be able to say that you are, in fact, captain of the grill.
"Diane and Don see to every detail, the food is superb, and the service is top-notch. The town is within walking distance, so you don't even have to move your car all weekend because everything is close by."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one per purchaser, up to one additional as gifts
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by July 1, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of seven days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- $30 service fee for rescheduling initial reservations made with this promotion
- Blackout dates are April 25-26, 30; May 1; June 13-14; July 4-5; and October 3-4
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 30, 2012 • Enjoy By October 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings