Keep the Flame Going on Lake Placid
Comfort Inn on Lake Placid • Lake Placid, NY
- A Two-Night Stay for Two Adults and Two Children in a Standard Room on Sundays through Wednesdays from Now to June 22, 2012 ($235)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two Adults and Two Children in a Standard Room on Thursdays through Saturdays from April 1 to May 31, 2012 ($295)
- Daily Breakfast
- $50 Dinner Credit for Howard Johnson's Restaurant
- Bottle of Champagne
- Late 2 p.m. Checkout
The US hockey team's unforgettable charge over the Soviet Union during the 1980 Winter Olympics solidified Lake Placid's position on the international map of cold-weather destinations. But you don't have to skate through during winter to revel in a vacation to the Adirondack town.
Go for the gold with a two-night stay for two adults and two children in a standard room at the Comfort Inn on Lake Placid. Escape on Sundays through Wednesdays from now to June 22, 2012 ($235) or Thursdays through Saturdays from April 1 to May 31, 2012 ($295). A bottle of bubbly, daily breakfast, a free stay for Fido, and a late 2 p.m. checkout all add up to a medal-worthy getaway.
Gurus of the games can take a tour of the venues where history was made or trek through the treasure trove of memorabilia at the Lake Placid Olympic Museum. For those who like thrills and chills, Whiteface Lake Placid offers high-velocity bobsled and skeleton rides, tubing, and chances to shoot like a biathlete.
Lake Placid is delightful during warm weather, when paddleboats and canoes hit the water and backpackers hit the hiking trails—from the easy two miles of Peninsula to the grueling 33-mile trek of Jackrabbit. Those who are more inclined to bike than hike can take the gondola to the top of Whiteface Mountain and pedal the cross-country ski trails at the Olympic Sports Complex.
After a day of warm or wintry activities, relax at the hotel's tropical indoor pool and feast at the adjacent Howard Johnson's Restaurant, one of only three left in the world.
Feel like a true Olympic champion—no matter the season—on an Escape to Lake Placid.
"Summer brings hikers, bikers, and paddlers, while winter beckons skiers and snowboarders. The village of Lake Placid, home to two winter Olympics and the birthplace of winter sports in America, is ground zero for all the action."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 30 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Option A (Sunday through Wednesday) is valid until 6/22/12
- Option B (Thursday through Saturday) is valid 4/1/12 to 5/31/12
- Not valid on or the day before special events including but not limited to Ironman, Rugby Weekend, and Lacrosse Weekends; call 518-523-9555 with questions
- Upgrade to Fireplace or Children Suite for an additional $100 at check-in; subject to availability
- Based upon double occupancy
- Pets allowed
- Children allowed
- Upgrades may be available at booking; fees may apply
- 7.75% NYS sales tax, 3% occupancy tax and 18% gratuity are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 22, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 22, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 22, 2012 • Enjoy By June 22, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings