Technicolor Trysts Along the Connecticut River
The Connecticut River Valley Inn • Glastonbury, CT
- One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($151) or Fridays and Saturdays ($162)
- Three-Course Breakfast for Two
- Glass of Wine from Priam Vineyards Upon Arrival for Each Guest
- Snowshoes or Bicycle Rental for Each Guest
- Two Passes to Anytime Fitness
- $25 Gift Shop Voucher
- Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate, and Cookies
- $50 Credit Toward a Future Two-Night Stay
In film, memories are often portrayed in black and white— but it's the local color and seasonal hues that will be the things you remember when you return from an Escape to the Connecticut River Valley Inn, a four-season destination in the heart of Glastonbury's historic district in beautiful Connecticut.
Capture a picture-perfect one-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($151) or Fridays and Saturdays ($162) in this gorgeously restored historic property built in 1740. Gas fireplaces, California king beds, private balconies, spray showers, and remote-controlled air conditioning artfully hidden behind silkscreens stage the perfect backdrop for your scene-stealing soirée.
You'll want to arrive early to preview fully the hospitality that awaits you. Opening credits include a glass of wine from Priam Vineyards upon arrival as well as unlimited coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cookies.
A three-course breakfast of fresh fruit and juice, homemade breakfast breads such as lavender white-chocolate chip scones, lemon-poppyseed bread, and fresh cranberry-walnut tea cake always command a standing ovation. A hot serving of gooey cinnamon-and-vanilla French toast with local maple syrup, savory spinach quiche with mushrooms, scallions, and feta cheese, and the crab eggs Benedict also net rave reviews.
Action shots are in no short supply—just use your included snowshoe or bicycle rental to put yourself in the center of an outdoor oasis. Spend the day hiking under the forested canopy of Blackledge Falls or the Air Line Trail. Take a Sunset river cruise on The Lady Katherine—a homage to Connecticut native Katherine Hepburn—or see the countryside by Essex Steam Train.
For a calmer afternoon, simply freeze the frame by swinging in the hammock made for two.
No great movie is complete without some romance. Pick up a remembrance for your special someone with a $25 voucher toward the on-site gift shop. Then, fall in love over dinner at one of more than 20 restaurants situated just minutes from your door. Thai, Indian, Mexican, Italian, Irish, Chinese, tapas, and more make the cuisine in town an international hit.
At the end of your stay, you'll want to rewind the reel and experience the magic all over again. With a $50 credit toward a future two-night stay, you can do just that.
The lights are up on this blockbuster Escape. Make sure you grab your ticket, before the theater goes dark.
"Three minutes' worth of walking brings you to a beautiful river trail; three minutes in the opposite direction brings you to multiple high-quality restaurants and shops."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Weekend dates cannot be booked earlier than 10 days before arrival date; subject to availability
- Additional nights can be purchased directly through the property at 20% off at time of booking
- The Spring Rain Suite can be reserved for an additional $40 at time of booking; subject to availability
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 21, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 21, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 21, 2012 • Enjoy By August 21, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 55% savings