Wine Country the Washington Way
Matthews Estate Winery • Woodinville, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($199) or Fridays and Saturdays ($249), in the Syrah Room
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Matthews Wine
- Wine Tasting for Two
Move over, microbrews! It's no secret that the Seattle area is craft-beer heaven, but it's also a burgeoning wine region, with some of Eastern Washington's best grapes washing up at a growing number of Western Washington wineries and tasting rooms.
One such operation is Matthews Estate and its Estate House, a two-room B&B and winery in Woodinville, just 30 minutes northeast of Seattle. Swirl, sniff, and sip your way to beer-free bliss on this eight-acre property during a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($199) or Fridays and Saturdays ($249), in the Syrah Room.
You'll also get a bottle of 2006 Columbia Valley Claret, daily breakfast for two, and a wine tasting for two in the on-site tasting room (Matthews specializes in Cabernet Sauvignon and Bordeaux-style blends).
Though sophisticated, this boutique inn nestled in the bucolic Woodinville Valley—and situated among as many as 70 other wineries and tasting rooms—is decidedly unpretentious. The Syrah Room, on the second floor, is furnished with dark hardwood floors, a king-size bed, and a full, private bathroom, and Wi-Fi comes compliments of your hosts. Guests can also make use of the Estate House theater room and professionally appointed kitchen.
If you book a weekend stay, be sure to stick around for Friday Night Live, featuring live music in the cellar from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
When you aren't enjoying the boozy fruits of their labor, take a stroll through downtown with a stop at DeYoung Park, which offers a shady spot to picnic and a handful of bronze sculptures to ogle. For dinner, be sure to reserve a table at The Herbfarm, a Seattle-area mainstay (it's been open more than 25 years) and a fierce promoter of artisanal cuisine assembled with local, seasonal ingredients.
At day's end, return to Matthews and unwind with your included bottle of wine. If that seems like overkill, just imagine all the microbreweries, brewpubs, and alehouses you'll be patronizing in your reintroduction to life around the Sound. Here's to wine country.
"Known for wineries and specialty farms, Woodinville is a quiet Western Washington destination for foodies and wine aficionados. If you appreciate the outdoors, you will enjoy the rural atmosphere and strolling the banks of the Sammamish River."-- USA Today Travel
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit one per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include Daily Breakfast for Two, Bottle of Matthews Estate Wine, and Wine Tasting for Two
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Upgrades available
- Internet access available
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for stays March 19-June 30, 2012 and October 1 - November 30, 2012
- Upgrades are available to the Master Suite with private bath for an additional fee booked directly with the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2012 • Enjoy By November 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 57% savings