Groundbreaking Getaway to Petra
Classic Escapes • Sweimeh, Jordan
- A Nine-Day Tour of Jordan for One Guest, May 20 to 28 ($2,798), June 10 to 18 ($2,699), July 22 to 30 ($2,999), September 16 to 24 ($2,798), October 7 to 15 ($2,798), November 4 to 12 ($2,498), or November 18 to 25 ($2,297)
- Round-Trip Airfare from JFK Airport to Amman via Turkish Airlines
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation to Airport, Hotels, and Sightseeing Destinations
- Seven Nights of Four-Star Accommodations with Daily Breakfast and Two Dinners in Petra
- English-Speaking Guide and Luggage Tags
Good vacations can be hard to find, but you don't need to be an archaeologist to unearth this groundbreaking Escape: a nine-day sightseeing trip through Jordan courtesy of Classic Escapes.
Travel May 20 to 28 ($2,798), June 10 to 18 ($2,699), July 22 to 30 ($2,999), September 16 to 24 ($2,798), October 7 to 15 ($2,798), November 4 to 12 ($2,498), or November 18 to 25 ($2,297).* Your trip includes round-trip airfare from JFK Airport to Amman via Turkish Airlines and round-trip ground transportation to the airport, hotels, and sightseeing destinations.
You'll receive seven nights in four-star accommodations as well as daily breakfast, two dinners in Petra, an English-speaking guide, and complimentary luggage tags. After an overnight flight to Amman, you and a fellow historian will be escorted to the elegant Imperial Palace Hotel Amman, where you'll set up camp for three nights.
Begin your research by perusing Amman's many museums, then survey the area's ancient sites, including the Citadel, the early-Islamic desert castles, and Jerash, one of the most complete examples of a provincial Roman city. Stops in the more modern parts of the city will ensure a full range of cultural perspectives.
On day five, set out on the Kings' Road for Petra. You'll stop at Madaba, home to the oldest map of the Holy Land; visit Mt. Nebo, the purported burial site of Moses; and pass through the canyons of Wadi Mujib en route to the Crusader Castle at Kerak. Make time to review your field notes over two dinners at the Taybet Zaman, a world-class Bedouin-style resort in the farming village of Taybeh.
Spend the next two days studying the wonders of Petra, an ancient trading city famed for its rock-cut architecture. Ride horseback through the Siq—an immense crack in the Nubian sandstone—to reach Al Khazneh ("The Treasury"), Petra's most impressive monument.
On day seven, you'll travel through the Wadi Rum desert—dubbed the "Valley of the Moon" for its rolling red dunes and sheer-sided mountains—en route to the Dead Sea¸ the lowest point on Earth. After floating in its salty waters, rinse off and soothe parched skin with an array of spa treatments at your hotel, the Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa. Put down the trowels and brushes to spend day eight at leisure. In the morning, you'll return to Amman for your flight home.
An Escape with this many layers can only be classified as once-in-a-millennium. Dig in now before it turns to dust.
*Price does not include $175 entrance fee per guest to be paid directly to Classic Escapes.
For additional information, view the Classic Escapes full itinerary.
"Petra is without doubt one of the Middle East's most spectacular, unmissable sights... Yet there's so much more to see in Jordan—ruined Roman cities, Crusader castles, desert citadels and powerful biblical sites."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations must be confirmed by April 15 for May and June departures; by May 15 for all other departures
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Fuel surcharges and airline taxes are included
- Air transportation can be included from other airports for an additional fee
- Entrance fees of $175 are not included and will be collected
- All pricing is based on double occupancy; single occupancy supplement is $495 per person, and will be charged at the time of booking
- Voucher includes seven nights of four-star accommodations with daily breakfast and two Dinners in Petra, an English-Speaking Guide and Luggage Tags
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 11, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 11, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 11, 2012 • Enjoy By May 11, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 35% savings