Near Palm Springs, Far From the '60s
Lake La Quinta Inn • La Quinta, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($275) or Fridays and Saturdays ($325), in a Chateau Suite with Daily Gourmet Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Champagne, Wine, or Sparkling Cider Upon Arrival
- Two Poolside Boxed Lunches
- One Organic to Green Gift Bag of Beauty Products
Palm Springs has been the embodiment of California cool and the quintessential unbuttoned-suit-coat vacation destination since the Rat Pack started sipping martinis poolside here. This mountain desert oasis—which daylights as the golf capital of the world—has been imitated by many, but just like Ol' Blue Eyes, the original is peerless.
For this week's Escape, retreat to the shelter of the Santa Rosa Mountains for a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($275) or Fridays and Saturdays ($325), in a lakeside Chateau Suite at the 13-room Lake La Quinta Inn, about 25 minutes south of Palm Springs.
Besides the newly renovated rooms—fit with flat-screen TVs—you'll also be welcomed with a bottle of bubbly upon arrival (champagne, wine, or sparkling cider), two poolside boxed lunches, and a gift bag of eco-chic Organic to Green beauty products with a 50-percent discount on online purchases.
We mentioned golf, right? Fewer than 20 courses existed here when Hollywood first started flocking to the scene. Now there are 125, including five PGA courses within a five-mile radius—for anyone keeping score, that's 2,250 holes. La Quinta Resort & Club was named a 2012 Silver Medal Winner by Golf Magazine and features five of the area's top courses.
As for other legendary draws, the area is a mecca for modernist architechies, with iconic designs by Frank Lloyd Wright, Albert Frey, and Richard Neutra. For high-end vintage shopping, wander down Palm Canyon Drive, where the The New York Times highlights La MOD, Modern Way, and Bon Vivant as a few of the best in the valley.
Or, if you're looking to get away from it all while, well, getting away from it all, Joshua Tree National Park is just an hour's drive down the rugged Twentynine Palms Highway.
The best is yet to come, but come it will, whenever you book this week's Escape.
"Check out the hidden-secret Lake La Quinta Inn ... on the shores of a man-made lake, blocks from the famous resort. Exquisitely outfitted rooms, delightful hosts, on-site facials and massage, and a 24-hour pool and Jacuzzi completes the fantasy."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include daily gourmet breakfast for two, a bottle of champagne, wine, or sparkling cider upon arrival, two poolside boxed lunches, one organic to green gift bag of beauty products and a 50% online store discount
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Wifi available
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Blackout dates:Memorial Weekend, July 4 weekend, and Labor Day
- Upgrades to Chateau Spa Suite or Luxury Villa for additional cost available and to be booked direct with merchant
- $50 voucher included for booking a return visit which must be booked before check-out
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 15, 2012 • Enjoy By November 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings