Wild Week on the Banks of the Panama Canal
Elegant Adventures • Gamboa, Panama
- A Seven-Day Trip to Panama for Two, Including:
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation between Tocumen International Airport and Hotels
- Three Nights in a Standard Room at the Gamboa Rainforest Hotel and Four Nights in an Ocean-View Deluxe Room at the InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort & Spa
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Monkey Island Tour and Nighttime Safari Tour
- Basic Medical Insurance and Traveler Assistance
Central America's unruly jungles and pristine beaches beckon the inner wild child in us all. Throw off the trammels of domesticated life and set yourself free on this week's seven-day Escape to Panama, courtesy of Elegant Adventures.
You and a kindred spirit will spend three nights at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort, followed by four nights at the InterContinental Playa Bonita Spa & Resort. You'll receive daily breakfast for two, basic medical insurance and traveler assistance, and round-trip ground transportation between Tocumen International Airport and your hotels ($1,218).
The journey begins in a Standard Room at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort, set on the banks of the legendary Panama Canal and the Chagres River in Soberanía National Park. The jungle teems with spectacular flora and fauna, and the rhythmic trilling of tree-frog choirs will sing you to sleep.
In the daylight hours, venture out to greet your neighbors on an included tour of Monkey Island. You'll cruise along the Canal, getting to know inquisitive capuchin and howler monkeys and marveling at toucans' dazzling plumage.
When darkness falls, tap into your nocturnal side on an included nighttime safari on the Chagres River. Look carefully to make out caiman, capybara, and two-toed sloths moving through the ink-black forest. Between excursions, you can soothe tired muscles in the Hydro massage hot tub and thermal baths at the on-site Sensory Spa by Clarins.
For the second leg of your adventure, you'll set up camp in an ocean-view Deluxe Room at the InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort & Spa. Scout out the swim-up bar along the palm-fringed pools or take a solo trek along the private beach, leaving your footprints in the unspoiled sand.
The resort is mere minutes from Panama City, giving you easy access to one of Central America's cultural hubs. "You'll never run out of things to do at night in Panama City," says Fodor's. "As the sun sets on the torrid afternoon and evening takes over... an exceptionally lively bar and dance scene fills in the gap, running the spectrum from conversing over a quiet drink to shaking your stuff to the latest Latin rhythms."
It's not hard to leave trivial cares behind. Just pack an unflinching sense of adventure for this week's Escape to Panama—it's beyond your wildest dreams.
For additional information, visit Elegant Adventures on Facebook.
"In Panama, nature and indigenous culture are abundant. The canal-bordering tropical lowlands of Soberanía National Park ring with the cries of howler monkeys and the chatter of toucans."-- National Geographic Traveler
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability and Elegant Adventures Terms & Conditions policies
- Reservations must be confirmed at least 30 days in advance of travel
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Confirmed international flight information required to confirm reservations; once confirmed, reservations are non-refundable and any alteration will be subject to fees
- Travel documents will be emailed to you approximately 21 days prior to departure, and must be printed and carried with you on your trip
- U.S. citizens require a passport, valid for at least six months following the date of travel completion
- U.S. citizens entering Panama will be charged $5 for a tourist card when they purchase their travel ticket
- Non-U.S. citizens must check entry requirements with the nearest Panamanian embassy or consular office
- $40 departure tax is charged when you exit the country
- Voucher does not include International airfare from the United States to and from the Tocumen International Airport in Panama City, Panama (PTY), $5 per person Tourist Card, beverages and meals (other than daily breakfast), gift shop items and personal incidentals, optional tours and activities, and the Panama Government Departure Tax of $40 per person
- Based upon double occupancy
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2012 • Enjoy By November 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 42% savings