Overnight Classic in Palo Alto
Stanford Park Hotel • Menlo Park, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe Room, Thursdays through Sundays
- $25 Credit to Menlo Grill Bistro & Bar
- Bottle of Wine
- Complimentary Parking, Wi-Fi, and Health Club Access
Shakespeare, Joyce, Cervantes—it's always easy to turn to the classics when you want a taste of Europe without straying far from home.
For something more tangible, write your own European masterpiece with this week's Escape to Palo Alto, California. You and a fellow protagonist will spend one night in a Deluxe Room, Thursdays through Sundays, at the AAA Four Diamond Stanford Park Hotel ($139)
You'll be immersed in Old World luxury from the first chapter, opening with the hotel's inviting red brick fireplace and comfortable lobby. Words can hardly describe your spacious guest room, featuring one king or two queen beds, a large sitting area, vaulted ceilings, and a courtyard view. The plot thickens with complimentary parking, Wi-Fi, and access to the state-of-the-art health club.
Setting is important, so you'll want to check out the hotel's garden swimming pool and whirlpool, as well as the landscaped courtyards, stately libraries, and parlors appointed with museum-quality artifacts. Later, ask about area activities and attractions.
If you need inspiration, look no further than the nearby Stanford University campus and vibrant Palo Alto. "If it doesn't feel like your average college town, that'd be because this is also the northern extent of Silicon Valley," says Lonely Planet. "In fact, it can be said that Silicon Valley started here, just before WWII, when Stanford recruited several esteemed professors from MIT."
When the dinner hour arrives, be sure to bookmark the hotel's award-winning Menlo Grill Bistro & Bar, specializing in Californian cuisine made from local, seasonal ingredients. With your $25 dining credit, treat yourself to the center-cut Berkshire pork chop with cornbread dressing, fried sage, and house-made applesauce. Wash it all down with a drink from the extensive glossary of wine and craft brews.
Cover-to-cover, this stylish yet convenient Escape will be an instant classic.
"A warm, clubby hotel adjacent to the Stanford campus, with a pool, business center, fitness room, and lobby with fireplace. It's all pleasant and quaint."-- Travel + Leisure
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit two per purchaser, up to two additional as gifts
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Children up to 12 years of age are free with existing bedding; $25 for a third adult and subject to availability
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Blackout dates are June 14-17
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2012 • Enjoy By July 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings