The Hills Are Alive in Chattanooga
The Crash Pad • Chattanooga, TN
- A One-Night Stay for Two Guests in a Private Room
- Guided Half-Day Climbing Trip for Two with the Chattanooga Climbing School
The Sound of Music encourages you to Climb Ev'ry Mountain, but in day-to-day life that usually translates to scaling the corporate ladder (or just schlepping the stairs to your apartment). If Maria Von Trapp were around today—and had traded the Alps for the States—she'd tell you to get yourself down to Chattanooga, a city on the Cumberland Plateau surrounded by majestic Appalachian peaks and valleys.
Say so long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen to the daily grind and Escape to The Crash Pad, an industrial-chic, brand-new hostel where you and a plus one will spend one night in a private room—including a half-day climbing trip for two with Chattanooga Climbing School—for $112.
If the word "hostel" calls to mind your grubby college days, the eco-minded Crash Pad will make you think again. With its electric-blue walls, exposed ducts, and dangling lights, it wouldn't look out of place on the pages of Dwell magazine. Also setting it apart are pillow-top mattresses, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast each morning featuring freshly made bread from the excellent local bakery, Niedlov's Breadworks.
Not that you'll likely be spending much time inside. This is a city where the hills are alive, and you'll get to discover them on a half-day guided rock-climbing adventure.
When hunger strikes, check out St. John's Restaurant, where James Beard Award nominee Daniel Lindley serves up haute but hearty plates like butternut squash ravioli with smoked bacon and seared foie gras with a duck-fat biscuit.
Next door is Lindley's more casual offshoot, Meeting Place, featuring lots of wine and shares like chorizo mac 'n' cheese and beef tartare with chili aioli. For something even more casual, there's Southern favorite Mellow Mushroom pizza and Southern Star, a soup-and-sandwich spot. And don't miss a MoonPie—the graham-cracker-and-marshmallow sandwiches were invented in Chattanooga, after all.
Stroll over to the Bluff View Art District and its Hunter Museum of American Art, which houses an impressive collection of contemporary paintings and overlooks the Tennessee River. Or see the city from an even higher vantage point by taking the Incline Railway—once the steepest passenger railway in the world—to the top of Lookout Mountain.
After this week's Escape, you'll have plenty to add to your list of favorite things.
"It's a really modern building with high-end fixtures, and there is a great outdoor space for hanging out and grilling. The location was great—delicious restaurants and free transit to the waterfront are within walking distance."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability at both The Crash Pad and Chattanooga Climbing School
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours prior to scheduled check-in applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Must be 18+ to purchase and redeem
- 17.25% tax due to Crash Pad and 9.25% tax due to Climbing School at redemption
- Based upon double occupancy
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 11, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 11, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 11, 2013 • Enjoy By April 11, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings