Incredible Natural Beauty in Ireland's North West
The Strand Hotel Ballyliffin • Co Donegal, Ireland
- Overnight (£49) or Two-Night (£73) Stay for Two in Standard Double Room
- Daily Breakfast
- £25 to Spend in Restaurant on One Night of Stay
- Flight Options from UK Airports to Derry (Not Included)
Ever heard of John Toland? No, neither had we. Inquisitors that we are, though, we've discovered that he's probably little Ballyliffin's most famous son—a rationalist philosopher and freethinker, who propagated some fairly incendiary ideas back in the 17th and 18th centuries.
Now, far be it from us to suggest being sensible, but when you can spend a night or two in such a scenic paradise for half what you'd usually pay, that's what we call a smart decision. A double room for two at the classy The Strand Hotel Ballyliffin is just £49 for one night (up to a £98.20 value), or £73 for two (up to a £171.50 value), including £25 to spend in the Glashedy Restaurant on one night of your stay.
Rooms come with an astute selection of benefits, including free internet access and cable television. The restaurant makes shrewd use of luscious locally-sourced produce, combined with lots of clever ideas about what to do with them. There's also an on-site spa offering massage and beauty treatments.
Amongst the most renowned features of the local area are Ballyliffin Golf Club's Glashedy Links and Old Links, two world-class courses that'll require all your fiendish intelligence to master. Nick Faldo is known to particularly love The Old Links, and to consider it one of the finest courses of its kind. Of course, if you adhere to Mark Twain's adage that golf is a good walk spoiled, there's plenty of beautiful countryside to explore within easy reach of the hotel.
It shouldn't take much cogitation to realise that snapping up this Escape is a no-brainer. Head sagely towards the 'Buy Now' button, before it's Doneg-all over.
"On a hillside overlooking Pollan Strand, with views of nearby Malin Head, this small family run hotel is on the edge of town, set apart in its palm tree-lined gardens."-- Frommer's
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Limit one purchase per person; additional as gifts
- One voucher is valid for two people, option B must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 30 September 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on holidays
- Not valid July or August
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room
- Voucher includes daily breakfast and £25 credit to spend in Glashedy Restaurant on the first evening. Dining credit covers the cost of one main course per person and 1/4 bottle of wine
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings