Sipping the Sonoma Way
Old Crocker Inn • Cloverdale, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($250) or Fridays and Saturdays ($299)
- Full Breakfast for Two Each Day
- Wine Tasting Passport to More than 120 Wineries
With America's best food and wine, its most striking coastline, and some of the world's only redwood forests, California is enviable, to say the least.
Add to that Cloverdale's designation as one of the Coolest Small Towns in America, an honor bestowed on the northern Sonoma County burg by Budget Traveler in 2011, and you've got this week's Escape to the Old Crocker Inn, about 90 minutes north of San Francisco.
Set on five acres, this ranch-style bed and breakfast is offering a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($250) or Fridays and Saturdays ($299), plus a full breakfast each morning and a wine tasting passport to dozens of area wineries, courtesy of Wine Country Inns.
Built as a hunting lodge in the 1880s, Old Crocker Inn is now a AAA Three Diamond property outfitted with ten guest rooms, a porch and patio, and an outdoor swimming pool. Each room features plush linens, a gas fireplace, a TV with a DVD player and cable, and Internet access. Rooms in the lodge boast clawfoot bathtubs and showers, while some cottage rooms are appointed with whirlpool tubs.
After breakfast (which might include house-made scones, quiche, roasted potatoes, chicken sausage, and seasonal fresh fruit), pick up your passport for tastings at more than 120 wineries in the Dry Creek, Russian River, Anderson, and Alexander valleys.
For dinner, look no further than Healdsburg. It's just 20 minutes south and it's home to two Michelin starred restaurants: the immaculately curated yet unpretentious Cyrus, and Madrona Manor, which sources much of its produce from an on-site garden.
And for a taste of what makes California the country's most ecologically diverse state, visit Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve, about 30 minutes south of the inn, or drive west to the awe-inspiring Mendocino Coast, a fiercely protected swath of land known for its atmospheric fog, sprawling beaches, and laid-back citizenry.
California might be the country's third-largest state, but let's face it: Most of its treasure is found in the north. And where better to experience it all than Cloverdale—and the Old Crocker Inn.
"Bottom line, the Old Crocker Inn is the perfect retreat, with clear night skies, delicious food, peace and quiet, and the warmest of hosts (Tony hugged us when we left!)."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book reservations by May 10, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit two per purchaser, up to two additional as gifts
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 8 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- May combine up to two vouchers for a 4-night stay.
- Blackout dates: 4/28-4/29, 5/19-5/20, 5/26-5/28
- Occupancy tax of 9% payable upon check-in
- Children allowed in cottages only; children 12 and under allowed at no additional charge
- Two per room max; third adults welcome in select rooms and additional fee of $30/night applies
- No charge for dogs unless special cleanup is required; dogs allowed in Cottage rooms only
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • Enjoy By May 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings