Savoring the Shenandoah Valley
Joshua Wilton House • Harrisonburg, VA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Monday through Thursday ($285) or Fridays and Saturdays ($325)
- Two-Course Gourmet Breakfast for Two
- Five-Course Chef's Tasting Dinner for Two
- 30-Minute Cooking Demonstration
- Add a Wine Pairing with Dinner for $30 per Person
From crunchy peanut brittle to savory Turner hams and hearty Brunswick stew, Virginia is known for its delicious delicacies. Consider Joshua Wilton House the state's crème de la crème when you Escape for a two-night stay for two, Mondays through Thursdays ($285) or Fridays and Saturdays ($325), in this elegantly restored Victorian inn and restaurant nestled in the Shenandoah Valley in Harrisonburg.
Each of the five rooms boasts its own flavor, but all are furnished with impressive antiques, period reproductions, rich walnut furniture, and feather-top queen-size beds. Private baths, complimentary Wi-Fi, and cozy terrycloth robes are the icing on the cake.
When it comes to food, the inn has all the ingredients for a satisfying stay: Sate your sweet tooth in the morning with a two-course gourmet breakfast for two that includes decadent breakfast pastries from renowned pastry chef Shawn Richard. Later, a five-course chef's tasting dinner and a 30-minute cooking demonstration for two awaits in what Southern Living magazine calls "one of the best restaurants in Virginia."
Savor menu items like andouille sausage-stuffed quail, espresso-rubbed duck breast, and succulent beef osso bucco laden with a.m. Fog mushrooms from the eatery's scenic outdoor brick patio.
"Chef Mark Newsome sourced from local farms long before farm-to-plate became a household term," says Southern Living. The commitment to fresh local fare provides for an ever-changing and delightfully surprising seasonal menu. Add a wine pairing from a list that's won the Wine Spectator Award for Excellence for an extra $30 per person and you've got the perfect palate-pleasing platter.
Beyond the inn, sink your teeth into the delicious natural beauty of Shenandoah National Park, a short 30-minute drive away, or see the countryside by bike—the Shenandoah Bicycle Company is ready to assist with route planning, equipment repairs, and other resources.
Foodies visiting on Thursdays, Fridays, or Saturdays will want to stop by The Shops at Dayton Farmers Market for local produce, fine cheeses, baked goods, and other treats before surrendering to other temptations in the downtown boutiques. Theatre buffs will get their fill with a show at neighboring James Madison University's award-winning Forbes Center for the Arts.
Come sample Southern hospitality at its best. After one taste, you'll be back for seconds.
"We stayed for three nights, and the breakfast each morning was a true gourmet treat including freshly baked muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt and granola parfaits, and main courses prepared with ingredients from local farms—all served at a low-key pace."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations are required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on holidays
- Based upon double occupancy
- Nights must be used consecutively
- Taxes and gratuities are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings