Pretty as a Picture in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Fairview Bed & Breakfast Estate • Amherst, VA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Main House Guest Room, Fridays and Saturdays, with One Multi-Course Dinner for Two ($349)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Main House Guest Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($265)
- Two 30-Minute Massages
- Signature Gourmet Breakfast
- In-Room Fresh Flowers and Homemade Sugarplum Truffles
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a chance to see the stunning Blue Ridge Mountains in person must be worth a million. This week's Escape will take you to the postcard-worthy Fairview Bed & Breakfast Estate in Amherst, Virginia.
Bring a loved one for a two-night stay, Sundays through Thursdays ($265) or Fridays and Saturdays ($349), in one of the tasteful guest rooms in the main house. When you arrive, you'll be greeted by fresh flowers in your room and homemade sugarplum truffles on your pillow.
Listed in the National Register of Historic Buildings, the 1867 Italianate-style stunner boasts a bucolic wraparound veranda complete with vintage rocking chairs and awe-inspiring vistas. Drink in the bright kaleidoscope of colors, from the fiery mountainsides to the vermillion pastures.
Frame your day with a signature gourmet breakfast, then set out to explore the picturesque natural surroundings. Nearby Crabtree Falls—with its series of cascades, hiking trails, and scenic overlooks—is the tallest waterfall east of the Mississippi. If you'd prefer to compose a more relaxing day, enjoy two included 30-minute massages, or add some contrast with a visit to one of more than 15 local wineries.
Weekend guests will delight in one included multi-course dinner for two prepared by Fairview's gourmet chef. Beyond the property, the Amherst area boasts an impressive portfolio of dining options. Devil's Backbone, Champion Brewery in the 2010 World Beer Cup, serves craft brews and excellent food like pulled pork and shaved brisket.
Think of the Blue Ridge Mountains as a snapshot of paradise. This week's Escape has no negatives, so capture it before it's gone in a flash.
"Words cannot describe the feeling of walking into Fairview... My husband and I woke to the sunrise and watched shadows stretch over the Blue Ridge Mountains. The view from the porch—and every window in the house—made me blissfully happy."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 10 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on holiday weekends
- Based upon double occupancy
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 4, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 4, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 4, 2013 • Enjoy By April 4, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings