An Ode to Joy on the Hiwassee River
Pinhook Plantation House • Calhoun, TN
- A Two-Night Stay for Two on Sundays through Thursdays ($180) or Fridays and Saturdays ($195)
- Daily Three-Course Breakfast
- Bottle of Wine and Cheese Tray Upon Arrival
- Bottomless Cookie Jar, Market Basket with Pinhook Plantation House Monogram, and Seasonal Flowers
In the year 1810, Beethoven composed his famous piano piece, Für Elise, which became one of his most popular compositions. That same year, a different kind of melody was blossoming far from Europe—the Pinhook Plantation House.
More than 200 years old and just as hypnotic as Ludwig's most celebrated creations, this week's Escape to the gorgeous home in Calhoun, Tennessee, hits all the right notes.
Create a memorable movement with a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($180) or Fridays and Saturdays ($195), and find a bottle of wine, a cheese tray, a bottomless cookie jar, a market basket with a Pinhook Plantation House monogram, and seasonal flowers in your room upon arrival.
You'll want to burst into song when you see the tasty breakfast dishes each morning, including stuffed pears, French toast, and fresh ham. After savoring every bite, set off to explore the scores of antique shops in the area before taking a hike through the Cherokee National Forest.
Go whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River with Quest Expeditions using your ten-percent discount, and then let the day decrescendo with a glass of the Ocoee Gold Sunset or Hiwassee Red Huzzy at Savannah Oaks Winery.
In the evening, when you need a little sustenance, stop by The Open Door Cafe in Athens (you'll have a five-percent discount) for a symphony of steak and seafood that will leave you begging for a second sonata. When you return to the inn, let the peaceful acoustics and the cool breeze lull you to sleep.
Tune in to this week's Escape to Pinhook Plantation House for a trip that goes an octave higher than your typical Tennessee getaway.
"Beautiful inn! Views were incredible, food was delicious, atmosphere was cozy, and hospitality was impeccable."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 5 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are Easter weekend, Memorial Day weekend, July 4th weekend and August 5-25
- Nights must be used consecutively
- Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 7, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 7, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 7, 2012 • Enjoy By September 7, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings