Getting Amped for Adventure in the Kentucky Mountains
Harlan County Campground & Cabin Rentals: • Putney, KY
- A Two-Night Stay in a One- ($142), Two- ($239), or Three-Bedroom Cabin ($299) on Sundays through Thursdays
- Or, a Two-Night Stay in a One- ($171), Two- ($249), or Three-Bedroom Cabin ($333) on Fridays and Saturdays in August and December 2012 or January and February 2013
- One Kayak Rental
- One Zipline Tour with Black Mountain Thunder Zipline
If the thought of traditional camping leaves you pitching a fit instead of a tent and cursing your cooler for not keeping your condiments chilled, give the outdoors a chance to prove its greatness via another avenue: a cabin rental.
Escape to Harlan County, Kentucky, where the activities—geared toward nature enthusiasts (hiking and fishing) and adrenaline-seekers (ziplining and off-roading)—outshine the coal mines and the state's famed bluegrass.
Fly through the dense foliage of the Appalachian Mountains on your included two-hour zipline tour with Black Mountain Thunder Zipline. Then slow things down on your included kayak rental—you can even be shuttled upstream so you can cruise down the Cumberland River at your leisure.
At the end of the day, you'll bed down at Harlan County Campground & Cabin Rentals. Stay for two nights on Sundays through Thursdays in a one- ($142), two- ($239), or three-bedroom cabin ($299). If Fridays and Saturdays are a better time for you to commune with nature, beat the crowds with a two-night weekend stay in August and December 2012 or January and February 2013 in a one- ($171), two- ($249), or three-bedroom cabin ($333).
Besides the inherent advantages of avoiding tent pole-induced profanity and the chance of an errant raccoon in your sleeping bag, the campground's heated and air-conditioned cabins offer bathrooms and kitchens or kitchenettes, and some even have private hot tubs.
In the evening, cook dinner on the barbecue grill, gather 'round the fire for s'mores, and then watch a movie on your living room's flat-screen TV. Who said outdoor adventure and roughing it have to go hand in hand?
"Located on the doorstep of Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Area, the Harlan County Campground is the only campground where no highway travel is required to get to Black Mountain."-- Kentucky Department of Travel and Tourism
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 10 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Weekdays valid all months; weekends are only valid in August 2012, December 2012, January 2013 and February 2013; all dates subject to availability
- Visit www.harlancountycampground.com/Harlan-County-Campgrounds-Cabins.php regarding any occupancy questions
- Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings