Pretty in Pink in Pendleton
The Pendleton House Bed & Breakfast • Pendleton, OR
- A Two-Night Stay for Two
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Walla Walla Champagne and Artisanal Truffles
- Combine Up to Two Vouchers for a Total Four-Night Stay
Long before hipsters, grunge, and even lumberjacks, the iconic plaid button-up was the lifeblood of Pendleton, Oregon, home of the wool mill of the same name. And while the garments are still produced there today, this historic town straddling the Umatilla River is as diverse as its homespun patterns.
And where better than The Pendleton House Bed & Breakfast, a stately pink mansion built in 1917 and just a block from the river, to take in the city's storied underground tunnels, the nearby Blue Mountain foothills, the downtown boutiques, and, of course, the Pendleton Woolen Mills.
With this week's Escape, you'll get a two-night stay for two, plus daily breakfast for two, a bottle of champagne from Walla Walla (an up-and-comer in the wine world), and The Pendleton House's own artisanal truffles ($149).
Each of five rooms is uniquely decorated—some showcasing ornate curtains, original Chinese wallpaper, and balconies; others bearing understated yet elegant appointments like rich antique furnishings and fireplaces—and all have luxe king- or queen-size beds and shared baths.
Breakfast at the manor starts with Pendleton's best coffee and a selection of teas, fruit, and homemade biscuits. Dine on blueberry pancakes, peach cobbler, or cranberry-stuffed French toast, then head out to discover downtown Pendleton.
Take a tour of the Pendleton Woolen Mill, and pick up a blanket or garment at a 10 percent discount at the adjacent outlet. Then, dip into the dark side of Pendleton with a tour of the former Red Light and Chinatown districts, beneath which a series of basalt-rock tunnels offers a peek into Old Pendleton, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
For dinner, look no further than Virgil's At Cimmiyotti's, a historic restaurant serving steak, seafood, and Italian staples, and with this week's Escape, you'll get a free dessert with the purchase of two entrées. Save room for a glass of wine, provided each evening back at the B&B—the perfect end to an Escape sure to leave you spinning.
"This gorgeous, 6,000 square-foot pink stucco home hasn't changed much since it was built in 1917. The Chinese wallpaper, custom fittings, woodwork—all original in this blend of French neoclassical and Italianate architecture."-- Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book by October 1, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 3 additional as gifts
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included;
- Blackout dates: May 25-28; July 2-5; September 13-27; November 20-25
- Children ages 5 and up are welcome
- Pets are welcome
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 22, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 22, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 22, 2012 • Enjoy By December 22, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings