Romance, and So Much More, on the Root River
Stone Mill Hotel & Suites • Lanesboro, MN
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays between April and December ($171) or Fridays and Saturdays in April, May, November, or December ($177)
- Hour-Long Massage for One Guest
- Bottle of Local Wine, Two Signature Glasses, and a Corkscrew in a Decorative Box
In a town dubbed The Bed & Breakfast Capital of Minnesota (a self-applied title, but an apt one nonetheless), three traits should reign supreme: rural charm, warm hospitality, and rich history. Indeed, Lanesboro has all three in spades, and though this week's Escape sends you to a cozy suite in one of the town's most historic hotels—not a B&B—the trinity of bed-and-breakfast criteria remains strong.
Put on a belt—the ten-room Stone Mill Hotel & Suites is primed to charm the pants off you and a guest with its Romance & Relaxation Package: a one-night stay for two, a massage for one guest at the on-site Lanesboro Day Spa, and a Scenic Valley Winery Package, which includes a bottle of Lanesboro-produced wine, two signature glasses, and a corkscrew packaged in a decorative box.
Stay Sundays through Thursdays between April and December ($171) or Fridays and Saturdays in April, May, November, or December ($177).
With no fewer than 14 bed and breakfasts in a town of less than 800 permanent citizens, Lanesboro's hospitality quotient is palpable. And so it is at the four-floor Stone Mill Hotel & Suites, built mainly of limestone in 1885. Its gracious owners offer free tours of the inn, and you'll quickly find yourself on one as you're led to either the Farm Loft Jacuzzi Suite, the Garden Loft, or the Crate Jacuzzi Suite.
As you may have guessed, the Farm Loft and Crate suites boast luxurious, modern whirlpool tubs, plus plush queen-size beds and futons (the Garden Loft is appointed with a king). But all three are also loaded with quaint charm. Quilted blankets and hardy wood furniture, plus a throwback iron-claw fireplace in both the Farm and Garden lofts, are reminiscent of an earlier, more agrarian time.
Which brings us to Lanesboro. Named among America's Prettiest Towns by Yahoo! Travel—an honor it shares with coastal Monterey, California, and the deep-red canyons of Sedona, Arizona—this laid-back burg in the state's southeast has much to boast.
Its bounty of outdoor diversion earned it Dream Town status from Outside magazine in 2004; its art galleries and theater community rival those of towns 100 times its size; and its citizenry has maintained a fierce (though friendly!) pride as stewards of this dramatic bluff landscape.
Now—is there any doubt that Lanesboro deserves its many accolades, The Bed & Breakfast Capital of Minnesota being the least of these?
"We love Lanesboro for biking, canoeing, eating ouside at the Riverside Restaurant, visiting the local shops and enjoying the beautiful crisp air while reading on the porch of the Stone Mill Suites."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to two (2) vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates: Memorial Weekend, 2012 (Friday, May 25 - Monday, May 28, 2012)
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- May be applied to upgraded suites
- Includes one massage and one bottle of wine
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 42% savings