Farm-Fresh in the Mad River Valley
The Inn at the Round Barn Farm • Waitsfield, VT
- A Three-Night Stay for Two, May 1 to June 21
- Daily Farm-Fresh Breakfast for Two
- Hour-Long Yoga Session
- Laughter Is the Best Medicine Welcome Gift
- An Apple a Day, Hors D'œuvres, Fresh-Baked Cookies, and Local Handmade Herbal Teas from Vermont Liberty Tea Company
The closest many of us get to a farm is walking down the dairy aisle. If you've been longing to take the nearest country road out of town, hitch a ride with this week's Escape to The Inn at the Round Barn Farm in scenic Waitsfield, Vermont.
Less than an hour outside Burlington, the converted 19th-century farm house and its round barn are set on 245 acres of mountains, meadows, and ponds in the Mad River Valley, recognized as a Historic District by the National Register of Historic Places. This sophisticated B&B is a relaxing retreat in pastoral paradise.
May 1 to June 21, you can plant the seeds of romance with a three-night stay for two in an individually decorated guest room ($392). You'll get cozy in a plush bed topped with a down comforter while enjoying your "Laughter Is the Best Medicine" welcome gift. Cultivate inner calm with an included hour-long yoga session and local handmade herbal teas from Vermont Liberty Tea Company.
You'll be spoiled with an apple a day, fresh-baked cookies, and afternoon hors d'œuvres, not to mention daily farm-to-fork breakfasts. As a founding member of the Vermont Fresh Network, The Inn at the Round Barn Farm serves seasonal fare from local organic growers. Graze on sweet fruit, creative entrees, rich Vermont-roasted coffee, and fresh-squeezed juice as you admire the incredible view of the hills through floor-to-ceiling windows.
Adventurous types can have bales of fun on a trek along Long Trail, named one of the "Best Hikes Ever" by Backpacker magazine. For an outstanding equestrian experience, take the reins on a guided tour of the countryside with the Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm, one of USA Today's "10 Great Places to Go Horseback Riding." These small yet sturdy horses will carry you through the valley's sunny meadows and wild thickets.
Getaways this good don't crop up very often, so harvest this week's Escape while it's still in season.
"You pass through a covered bridge just off Route 100 to arrive at one of the most romantic B&Bs in northern New England, a regal barn and farmhouse on 245 sloping acres with views of fields all around."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel 5/1-6/21
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 21 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and a 50% charge up to the value of the lodging portion of the package
- Blackout dates are 5/25-27, 6/1-2, 6/8-9, and 6/15-16
- Limited weekend availability
- $60 per night upgrade to luxury room; subject to availability at booking
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 21, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 21, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 21, 2012 • Enjoy By June 21, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings