Crossing Cultural Borders in the German Capital
Hotel Gat Point Charlie • Berlin, Germany
- Two- (£175), Three- (£259) or Four-Night (£339) Break for Two in Superior Room
- Breakfast Each Morning
- Welcome Bottle of Wine and Fruit Platter
- Cocktail Each
- 15% Discount on Bicycle Hire
- Late 5 p.m. Checkout
- Flight Options to Berlin from Most UK Airports Including with easyJet, Ryanair, British Airways, and More (Not Included)
A Berliner is a much loved breakfast treat in Germany, a sweet jelly doughnut to be precise—a fact John F. Kennedy found out to the amusement of the German people with his famous 1963 ''Ich bin ein Berliner'' speech. Avoid risking a political pudding gaffe and nibble on your own sweet treat with a visit to the iconic capital, courtesy of this week's hand-picked Escape.
Take a bite out of a two-night break at the Hotel Gat Point Charlie in a superior room for two people for £175 (up to a £297 value). Stay for three nights for £259 (up to a £394 value) or four nights for £339 (up to a £498 value). Included is a bottle of wine and fruit platter to welcome you to your room, and a cocktail each from the hotel's bar.
The cherry on Gat Point Charlie's cake is the restaurant, Gat Kitchen, managed by two alumni of renowned Catalan chef, Ferran Adrià. On a recent visit to Gat Kitchen, Ferran mused that it was one of the best Spanish restaurants in all of Germany—high praise indeed from the culinary maestro. They love sharing dishes, and painstakingly collect a selection of fresh, locally sourced ingredients. An example of the treats you can expect to find are homemade codfish balls, grilled scallop with orange-olivada, seared beef skewer with lemon butter sauce, and to finish, chocolate truffles.
In the heart of Berlin, located just moments from the symbolic Brandenburg Gate, and a short walk to the historical Checkpoint Charlie, the hotel is perfectly located to explore a city of a thousand contrasts. Head out into Berlin's eclectic nightlife to rub shoulders with the trendy and the trendier—grab a beer stein in one of the jam-packed, colourful bars, or head to the famous Tresor nightclub to bounce around to techno beats.
Having indulged in a recovery buffet breakfast, tuck into a decadent feast of culture at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Museum Island. Sitting proud on the Spree river, it houses five internationally significant museums including; The Altes, The Neues, The Bode, and The Pergamon Museum, as well as The Alte Nationalgalerie. If that hasn't satisfied your appetite for history then check out the Mauer Museum, an exhibition dedicated to the namesake of your hotel, Checkpoint Charlie.
Walking needn't be your only method of exploring Berlin's abundant sights—hire a bicycle from the hotel and you'll receive a 15% discount as part of the deal. A good cycle along the Spree would be the perfect way to burn off any excess leftover from last night's exploits.
Berlin is a city that will leave you with a belly full of pleasant memories—and we're sure there will still be room for dessert. Gobble down this week's Escape now.
''Gat Kitchen, a retro-futurist tunnel Barbarella would feel comfortable in, is lined with clean, curvy white tables and decorated with the odd vintage object.''-- EXBERLINER
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights and transfers not included
- Limit three purchases per person; additional as gifts
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 30 December 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Children under 2 years old stay free; baby bed available on request
- Children up to 12 years old stay for additional €30 per day
- Not valid April 20, 21, 27-30; May 1, 11-12, 17-19; June 5-10; July 4-6; September; October 1-4; November 7-11, 21-23 2012
- Deal based on double occupancy in a superior room
- Voucher includes breakfast each morning, welcome bottle of wine and fruit platter, cocktail each, 15% discount on bicycle hire (available on demand) and late 5 p.m. checkout
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 41% savings