In Hood River, On the Heels of History
Husum Highlands Bed & Breakfast • Hussum, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Alexander or Ashley Room or the Melanie or Peggy Room
- Full Daily Breakfast for Two
- 10% Discount Toward Dinner for Two at the Taste of the Gorge Restaurant
- Bottle of Wine Upon Arrival
Find the Lewis to your Clark and load up the canoe (or at least the Caddy) for this week's Escape to the Columbia River Gorge, one of the last hurdles on the explorers' route to the Pacific.
On the Washington side of this fertile 80-mile canyon, Husum Highlands Bed & Breakfast, in Husum, invites you to its most Victorian accommodations. Get a two-night stay for two in the Alexander or Ashley Room or the Melanie or Peggy Room with a full daily breakfast for two ($179).
Make nice with the innkeepers at this 20-acre property in the countryside—they're about to ply you with at least one delicious meal. And we don't mean rations or food stuffs. How about a rhubarb crêpe and chicken apple sausage with OJ and local coffee? And that's just breakfast.
For dinner, enjoy a 10-percent discount toward a dinner for two at Taste of the Gorge restaurant, located at the Husum Hills Golf Course. What does the Gorge taste like? Think fresh salmon with seasonal vegetables, prime rib, and Angus burgers.
Between meals, head ten minutes south of Husum Highlands to White Salmon, a small town on the riverbank opposite Hood River, Oregon. There, you'll discover a mountain of art galleries—check out White Salmon Glassworks.
In Hood River, rent a kayak for a paddle down the river, or hike the trails of nearby Mt. Adams. A bit farther afield, Mt. Hood offers breathtaking scenic views.
After a grueling day on the trail (by modern standards), retire to your clawfoot tub, then rest on your pillow-top queen-size bed. Turn on the TV, surf the Wi-Fi, or just admire the view (of Mt. Hood if you stay in the Melanie or Peggy Room) out your window. Top it all off with a pour from an included bottle of wine.
You'll get all the glory of the 1806 expedition without mustering the guts of its revered explorers.
"The views from the windows were amazing. The breakfast was terrific. The beds were extremely comfortable and the place was super clean. We would recommend Husum Highlands as a wonderful place to stay overnight or for an extended time."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Offers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include Full Daily Breakfast for Two, 10% Discount Toward Dinner for Two at the Taste of the Gorge Restaurant, and Bottle of Wine Upon Arrival
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Vouchers include bottle of wine upon arrival
- Taxes/Resort fees not included and payable directly to the property
- Based on double occupancy, extra fees may be added for additional people
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • Enjoy By June 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 52% savings