Romantic Stay in River Suite on The Stunning Banks of The River Nith
Blackaddie Country House Hotel • Sanquhar, United Kingdom
- Overnight (£115) or Two-Night (£230) Stay for Two in River Suite or Four-Poster Suite
- Daily Breakfast
- Bottle of Wine if Dining on First Evening
- Afternoon Tea for Two on Second Day (With Two-Night Stay)
- Late 12 p.m. Checkout
We've delivered you a fine hand-picked Escape this week to Blackaddie Country House Hotel on the Scottish Southern Upland Way—where enchanting Scottish scenery matches the exquisite cuisine served in the hotel's exceptional restaurant.
You'll find the Blackaddie Hotel swathed in two acres of gardens and miraged by the nearby River Nith. Unwrap an overnight stay for two for £115 (up to a £230 value), or for £230, (up to a value of £460), indulge in a two-night stay for two in the 16th-century converted rectory.
Once the youngest English chef ever to be awarded a Michelin star, Ian McAndrew serves up first-class cuisine. His menu showcases gastronomic glory and you'll soon appreciate why the food was recently awarded two AA rosettes and the Dinner Quality Award at the Scottish Hotel Awards as well as a five-star status for Exceptional food from Food Review Scotland and numerous other awards. Moroccan-spiced cod with crushed potatoes and pak choi, and fillet of 28-day dry-aged Scotch beef or butternut squash and roasted fennel risotto are some tasters of the gourmet on display. However, McAndrew is passionate about keeping the menu as up-to-date as possible, so it changes daily. To complement the meal guests will receive a bottle of house wine if choosing to dine on the first evening.
After being couriered along the A76, you'll relish the theatrical vista from your River Suite or Four-Poster Suite windows before heading out to explore, or refreshing your palate with a drink by the log fire in the bar. The rolling hills of Dumfries and Galloway form a tapestry of colours, textures and tones, matched inside the room with the deep purples and reds of the recently refurbished décor. The en suite facilities may include a whirlpool bath and walk-in shower, perfect for soothing weary muscles after walking the Southern Upland Way or trying your hand at fishing on the river.
Beyond the sash windows, there's more to this mini-break than top quality cuisine and a warm Scottish welcome. The ruins of Sanquhar Castle, once conquered by William Wallace, are only a few miles down the road and a must-see spot for history hedonists. Alternatively, enjoy an old-fashioned ice cream float in the Ceramic Café in Thornhill or peruse the book shops for a vintage collection of Robert Burns' poetry, in preparation for your trip to Ellisland Farm, where he wrote some of his classic pieces. By the time you return to the hotel on the second afternoon you'll be more than ready for a delightful afternoon tea included in the package.
Wake each morning of your stay to an exciting local breakfast—including Scottish rarebit, Stornaway black pudding, and natural smoked haddock with fresh poached eggs, which will provide the fuel for exploration.
The post office in the neighbouring village is the oldest in the world—but this special delivery won't be around for as long: sign for it now.
''Ian's daily changing restaurant menu draws on the Scottish larder for a succession of fine-tuned contemporary dishes with classical overtones.''-- The Mobile Food Guide
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Limit one purchase per person; additional as gifts
- One voucher is valid for two people; option B must must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 30 June 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher; extra nights available at a discount, enquire when booking
- Valid Sunday to Friday only; Saturday night supplement of £40 payable directly to the hotel
- Deal based on double occupancy in a river suite or four-poster suite
- Dogs allowed at an extra cost of £10 per night per dog, with a maximum of 2 dogs per suite
- Voucher includes daily breakfast, bottle of wine if dining on first evening, afternoon tea for two on second day (with two-night stay) and late 12 p.m. checkout
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • Enjoy By June 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings