See You in China
Rewards Travel China • Beijing, China
- A Seven-Day, Six-Night Tour of China for One Guest, Including:
- Round-Trip Airfare from SFO, SEA, or LAX to Beijing
- A Three-Night Stay in the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Beijing and a Three-Night Stay in Xian Titan Times Hotel
- Daily Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- English-Speaking Tour Guide Service
- All Ground Transportation to Hotels, Airport, and Sightseeing Destinations
- Entrance Fees to Included Sightseeing Destinations
- Visa Fee Not Included
- Dates: September 12 to 19, October 17 to 24, October 31 to November 7, November 7 to 14, or November 21 to 28 ($1,999); or May 9 to 16, May 23 to 30, or June 27 to July 4 ($2,199)
A sprawling country rooted in tradition—and well on its way to defining modern society—China is a place of bucolic beauty and cosmopolitan energy, of hard-to-fathom foods and globalized culture. Indeed, this multifaceted country is a study in balance and paradox. And this week's Escape to Beijing and Xian, courtesy of Rewards Travel China, is your round-trip ticket to the best of both worlds.
Jet from one side of the Pacific—either San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), or Seattle (SEA)—to the other for a seven-day, six-night tour for one guest on select dates* in September, October, or November for $1,999; or May, June, or July for $2,199.**
Included in your tour: an English-speaking guide, three meals each day, transportation, and admission to an array of eye-opening sights.
After an overnight flight, glimpse the city's towering skyscrapers and buzzing streets as you move toward the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing Hotel via included transfer for a three-night stay. You'll have the rest of the evening to relax or explore the city on your own.
After breakfast the next day, you'll explore the magical Forbidden City, the country's best-preserved imperial palace, then pay a visit to Tiananmen Square and take a tour of Beijing's backstreets via old-fashioned rickshaw. Next: Summer Palace, home of the royal gardens, pavilions, and halls, then it's on to Pearl City. A welcome dinner is served at Quanjude Restaurant, boasting more than 100 years of history and well-known for its traditional cuisine, and the night ends with an exhilarating kung fu show.
Day four begins with breakfast and moves on to the iconic Beijing 2008 Olympic Center, with its famous Bird's Nest and Water Cube. After a stop at Bona Jade, where you can buy a host of gorgeous jade products and souvenirs, it's off to Juyongguan and the Great Wall—one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Day five: Visit the Temple of Heaven (a UNESCO World Heritage site built between 1406 AD and 1420 AD, and used by emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties). You'll also ogle the dynamic Wangfujing Street, a famous scenic area surrounding places of historic interest. After dinner that evening, you'll fly from Beijing to Xian.
There, in sub-provincial China, one of the birthplaces of ancient Chinese civilization, you'll stay for three nights at the Xian Titan Times Hotel. The tour begins at the Shaanxi Historical Museum, a grand complex of buildings that imitates the architecture style of the Tang Dynasty (618 AD to 907 AD). Next stop: Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayan Ta), a well-preserved ancient tower built in 652, then it's off to Tang Paradise, a newly opened park showcasing the Tang Dynasty's culture and traditions by way of fountains, waterscapes, and large-scale sculptures.
After breakfast on day seven, you'll head to the Qin Emperor's Mausoleum and museum, perhaps the most significant archaeological excavation in China. Then, visit the Artistic Ceramics Factory, where you'll learn about the techniques used to make the famous Terra Cotta Warriors. You'll also get to see the figures, which depict the armies of the country's first emperor and date back to the 3rd century BC. You'll also enjoy the special Imperial Dumpling Banquet Dinner and a magnificent Tang Dynasty singing-and-dancing show—a fitting farewell to your stay in this land of kaleidoscopic color.
*Dates: September 12 to 19, October 17 to 24, October 31 to November 7, November 7 to 14, or November 21 to 28 ($1,999); or May 9 to 16, May 23 to 30, or June 27 to July 4 ($2,199)
**Hotel pricing is based on double occupancy, and an additional $280 fee is required for single occupancy. (Please contact Rewards Travel China directly.)
"A capital of exhilarating extremes with its glittering skyscrapers, mazy hutongs, and enigmatic Forbidden City—nowhere is China's rapid progress and rich imperial history more tangible."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- Voucher includes a three-night stay in the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Beijing and a three-night stay in Xian Titan Times Hotel, daily buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner, an English-speaking tour guide service, all ground transportation to hotels, airport, and sightseeing destinations, and entrance fees to included sightseeing destinations
- Voucher does not include visa fees
- Hotel is based on double occupancy
- Additional $280 for single occupancy; must be confirmed at booking
- Voucher does not include Visa fee of $190 per person and tips of $80 per person
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2012 • Enjoy By November 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 38% savings