Short Drive, Big Bear
The Inn at Fawnskin • Fawnskin, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($165) or Fridays and Saturdays ($185) in the Woodland Room
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($250) or Fridays and Saturdays ($275) in the Lakeview, North Shore, or Garden Suites
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast for Two
- 56% Off Two-Hour Canoe, Kayak, or Stand-Up Paddleboard Rental
Does the daily grind make you feel like a deer in headlights? Go from manic panic to mellow fellow with this week's Escape to The Inn at Fawnskin, on the north shore of beautiful Big Bear Lake.
Innkeepers Nancy and Bill lovingly manage this cozy log cabin in historic Fawnskin, named for its Native American origins and nestled on an acre of lakeside pine forest. It's close enough to all the alpine action, but tucked away to provide a real retreat ambience.
Get a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($165) or Fridays and Saturdays ($185) in the Woodland Room, or Sundays through Thursdays ($250) or Fridays and Saturdays ($275) in the Lakeview, North Shore, or Garden Suites.
Each boasts a delightful collection of antique décor coupled with homey comforts like roaring fireplaces, relaxing sitting areas, luxurious microfiber spa robes, airy balconies, and stunning lake views, not to mention free wireless Internet access.
It's the personal touches at this intimate bed and breakfast that make a big impression—fresh welcome cookies, rubber duckies in the tub, and home-cooked gourmet breakfast each morning, to name a few.
Arise to the intoxicating smells that have guests raving, then follow your nose to the gorgeous dining room and start your day delectably.
Retail therapy? You got it in the quaint village, packed with antiques shops and other boutique endeavors. Then, stomp that hunger at Sweet Basil Bistro (locals love the lobster ravioli) or Peppercorn Grille, offering fine dining in a charming Tudor-style chalet.
Return to your secluded forest resort to curl up with a good book and a nice glass of wine (the massive stone fireplace in the spacious, shared living room makes a perfect nook). Or, fulfill your active pursuits with a two-hour canoe, kayak, or stand-up paddleboard rental—just $25 with this week's Escape. Hiking and biking trails, plus opportunities to fish, also abound in this tranquil mountain town.
Just say buck it—and indulge in B&B bliss with this week's Escape to Big Bear.
"The weather is nearly always perfect at this 7,000-foot-plus elevation: If you want proof, ask CalTech, which operates a solar observatory here to take advantage of nearly 300 days of sunshine per year."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 10 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and $20 fee applies
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Vouchers include 56% Off Two-Hour Canoe, Kayak, or Stand-Up Paddleboard Rental
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Upgrades may be available at the time of booking, for extra fee paid directly to the property
- Blackout dates include holidays and May 26 & 27, July 4, Sept 1 & 2
- Due to high call volume, please leave a message and the property will get back to you within 24 hours
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings