Architectural Masterpiece on Lake Massawippi
Manoir Hovey • North Hatley, Canada
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($199) or Fridays and Saturdays ($229)
- Breakfast for Two and $40 Dinner Credit at Le Hatley Restaurant
- $20 Credit Toward Authentic Spa Package at Spa Nordic Station, Sundays through Fridays
- Late 1 p.m. Checkout
Studying architecture doesn't have to bury you in textbooks. Trade glossy pages for bricks and mortar with this week's Escape to Manoir Hovey, a turn-of-the-century gem in North Hatley, Quebec.
Just over an hour from Montreal, the 1898 manor was inspired by George Washington's Mount Vernon. Green ivy climbs the stately white columns of its facade and flowers of every color bloom in its terraced gardens. This member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux hotel group also boasts 1,800 feet of Lake Massawippi shoreline.
Bring a fellow design student for an overnight stay for two in a Deluxe Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($199) or Fridays and Saturdays ($229), and enjoy late 1 p.m. checkout. Instead of grainy images, you'll take in panoramic lake vistas while lounging on the private balcony of your Deluxe Room, which also features a queen-size bed, fireplace, and whirlpool bath.
The 35-acre property has more to offer than A+ architecture. For a delightful day on the lake, take out a kayak or purchase fishing lessons. Beyond the manor, drop by Spa Nordic Station Sundays through Fridays to receive a $20 credit toward an Authentic Spa Package. You'll have access to the hot baths, Finnish saunas, waterfalls, and Castle Brook River and receive an hour-long massage.
While a day outdoors beats hours in the library, you'll work up a towering appetite. Sate it at the manor's Le Hatley Restaurant overlooking the lake, where you will receive breakfast for two and a $40 dinner credit. Chefs Roland Menard and Francis Wolf use aromatic garden herbs to flavor the award-winning Quebec cuisine. "The food takes centre stage," says The Globe and Mail. "[It's] high in drama with exquisite presentation and filled with a promise of subtle flavours and textures."
Even Frank Lloyd Wright needed a break once in a while, so step back from the drafting table and watch your vacation plans come to life on this week's Escape to Quebec.
"This manor manages to maintain a magical balance of feeling like both a genteel estate for a private getaway and a grand resort for a weekend's pampering."-- Frommer's
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Up to seven vouchers can be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are May 18-20
- $20 credit towards the Authentic spa package is valid Sunday through Friday and must be booked in advance by calling the Nordic Station at 866-414-5200; subject to availability
- Taxes and gratuities not included and payable directly to hotel at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 20, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 20, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 20, 2012 • Enjoy By June 20, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 0% savings