Love Letters and Leisure on the Shore
J.D. Thompson Inn • Tuckerton, NJ
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($149)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Room, May 4 and 5, May 11 and 12, or June 1 and 2, with Tea and Sweets ($189)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
Regardless of your calligraphy expertise, the art of the love letter is a swoon-inducing skill. If you aim to make an affectionate declaration, but are inclined to awkward prose, draft a vacation to remember with this week's Escape to J.D. Thompson Inn on New Jersey's shore.
Instead of publishing poetry, delight the object of your desire with a two-night stay for two in a superior room with a queen bed, Sundays through Thursdays ($149). Or, opt to visit the weekend of May 4 and 5, May 11 and 12, or June 1 and 2 and enjoy tea and sweets ($189).
The inn's myriad of parchment-worthy charms will surely enrapture your beloved. Built in 1823, the seven-guest room house is located in the quaint, historic town of Tuckerton, New Jersey. History buffs and romantics alike will admire the inn's classic Victorian-style architecture and antique furniture, while all guests can look forward to chef-prepared breakfasts like herb-sprinkled omelets or brown-sugar pancakes.
Those whose hearts yearn for sun and surf can frolic to nearby Long Beach Island, boasting 18 miles of Atlantic beach and a wildlife area. Or, stroll hand-in-hand along the Tuckerton Seaport boardwalk for an authentic shore experience. You'll fall in love with New Jersey's maritime heritage at the Baymen's Museum or visit with the decoy carvers and boat builders on the docks.
Sonnets for your sweetheart can distract from eating, but your stomach could use some love, too. Appease your appetite with a table for two at The Grapevine Restaurant and Lounge, where you'll savor Italian dishes like tender veal parmigana or linguine with local-clam sauce.
You don't need to be Shakespeare to have a way with words. Instead of prosaic vacations, pen an eloquent Escape to the New Jersey shore.
"As for the inn itself, it's lovely and full of antiques without being too cutesy. It's on the main street in Tuckerton, a sweet town that is within reach of Pine Barrens kayaking and hiking, 20 minutes from Atlantic City, and close to Long Beach Island."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made between 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET and at least 48 hours in advance of desired date
- Not valid on group, corporate or existing reservations
- Must be at least 21 years old to check-in
- Voucher subject to forfeiture on cancellations, no-shows and early departures; $25 will be charged on all cancellations 30 days after deal purchase date. If a cancellation is made less than 14 days prior to scheduled arrival date charges for your full reservation will apply. Full charges will apply to all no shows and early departures
- Blackout dates are 5/15-19 and 5/23-29
- Offer is valid on select Superior rooms; maximum occupancy is two adults and does not apply to Suite 6
- Credit card required to hold reservation
- Smoking and pets are not allowed
- Rescheduling reservations will effect room selection and availability
- Voucher valid only for option purchased
- Voucher valid only for dates specified in offer
- May not be combined with any other offers
- Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 14, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 14, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 14, 2012 • Enjoy By June 14, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 42% savings