A Tree Grows in the Coachella Valley Desert
Los Arboles Hotel • Palm Springs, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two on Sundays through Thursdays ($139) or Fridays and Saturdays ($169)
- Two Poolside Margaritas with Guacamole and Chips
Money doesn't grow on trees. And it doesn't have to for an Escape to Palm Springs, California. Go ahead: Leave Los Angeles behind and travel two hours east to the sprawling desert landscape, a mecca for hikers, design enthusiasts, vintage shoppers, and those just seeking some R&R.
Stay for two nights at Los Arboles Hotel (English translation: The Trees Hotel) and you and a plus-one will flourish in a boutique hotel where easygoing comfort grows like weeds. Book a room for Sundays through Thursdays ($139) or Fridays and Saturdays ($169), and dig into poolside pampering and nighttime fun in the Coachella Valley.
Put down roots inside a Spanish-style room that features Mexican tile and dark-wood accents alongside a pillow-top mattress and flat-screen TV. Once you have your bearings, branch out to the secluded pool and claim a chaise in the sun. Two margaritas, chips, and guacamole are the perfect afternoon snack after hours of swimming.
At night, leaf through the menu at El Mirasol, the popular Mexican restaurant adjoining the hotel, as you sit at a table on the open-air patio under a glowing string of lights and surrounded by lush greenery.
"This was the best Mexican food I've had in a long, long time. Everything is made fresh in their kitchen. Very authentic and generous portions," says a previous guest on TripAdvisor.
Bite into slow-cooked pork carnitas or beef chile rojo served in a creamy sauce—all with sides of chips and salsa, of course. Then stroll over to Palm Canyon Drive for the bustling nightlife scene, or slip into the Jacuzzi and take in the mountain views.
In the morning, stretch your stems on a hike through the Tahquitz Canyon, where you'll pass historic boulders and ancient artifacts on your way to a revered waterfall. Or, rent bicycles from Bike Palm Springs and pedal the downtown loop, stopping at vintage clothing and décor shops on Palm Canyon Drive along the way. Those with an eye for design will want to scope out the iconic architecture in the area, and a three-hour excursion with PS Modern Tours is the best bet for an informative tour of the hot-spots.
Let plans for this Escape blossom and you won't be up a tree without a getaway in sight.
"Looking for a romantic hideaway? This recently renovated hotel hides behind high walls and seems insulated from the outside world. It has an old California feel with dark woods, tile floors, and sunny colors on the bedspreads and drapes."-- Los Angeles Times
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Wifi available
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Blackout dates include: May 25-28, June 19-25, June 28-July 8, and August 31-September 3
- Visit losarboleshotel.com/the-resort/information-a-policies.html for additional hotel policies
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 15, 2012 • Enjoy By September 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 53% savings