Texas? No, Tuscan Hill Country
Éilan Hotel Resort & Spa • San Antonio, TX
- A One- ($295) or Two-Night Stay ($399) for Two in a Classic King Room
- $75 Spa Credit
- 45-Minute Private Dance Lesson for Two
- $30 Food and Beverage Credit for One-Night Stays; $65 Food and Beverage Credit for Two-Night Stays
- Late 3 p.m. Checkout and Valet Parking
The newest addition to San Antonio's architectural landscape—Éilan Hotel Resort & Spa—debuted in February with the force of an operatic baritone and the grace of a fine Chianti. And no wonder: Its piazza, stone-and-stucco facade, and marble columns feel less like Texas Hill Country than they do the hills of Tuscany.
Be one of the first to sing its praises with this week's Escape: a one- ($295) or two-night stay ($399) for two in a Classic King Room, plus a $75 spa credit, 45-minute private dance lesson, late 3 p.m. checkout, and valet parking.
You'll also get a food and beverage credit ($30 for one-night stays, $65 for two-night stays) at the on-site Sustenio, helmed by celebrity sensation and pioneer of modern Southwestern cuisine Stephan Pyles.
Make your grand entrance on three flights of cream-colored steps leading up to the boutique 165-room hotel. Red awnings and black window planters contrast with the stark-white facade, and a sprawling arch in the middle completes the motif.
At 365 square feet, the Classic King rooms are spacious, appointed with a king-size bed, a leather reading chair, and an elegant work desk, and each is adorned with wood and marble accents. The stylish bathrooms, meanwhile, feature a walk-in shower or luxe soaking tub.
Order a glass of champagne to your room (or prosecco, if the Italian décor so inspires you), before making your way to an oh-so-European affair: dance lessons. Your instructors? Trainer-to-the-stars Corky Ballas and his partner Natalie Alanna. You'll spend 45 minutes—just you, your guest, and the instructors—learning the basics of salsa, rumba, foxtrot, cha cha, waltz, or tango, all in the comfort of the duo's state-of-the-art studio.
Then, unwind at the on-site Éilan Spa. Its ten rooms play ahh-some host to a variety of treatments: massages, facials, aromatherapy, and expert mani/pedis. But you can also soak your salsa-weary soles in the sauna or hot tubs.
By now you're primed for dinner at Sustenio. The ambitious modern Southwestern restaurant, soon to feature a cheese-making program as well as its own butcher shop and gardens, combines locally sourced and sustainably farmed ingredients in a hodgepodge of international dishes, from Peruvian ceviche to Texas tamales.
And while a passport seems unnecessary, we do suggest you take photos. The savvy design and detailed craftsmanship of the hotel would fool any self-respecting Italian into believing you spent the night not in San Antonio, but in Citta Sant'Angelo.
"WOW! What an amazing hotel sitting in a gorgeous setting. The hotel is brand new and it is appointed like the finest boutiques in the US and abroad. The restaurant is equally sensational."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Vouchers include a $75 Spa Credit, a 45-Minute Private Dance Lesson for Two, and a Late 3 p.m. Checkout and Valet Parking
- Vouchers include a food and beverage credit; $30 for one-night stays, $65 for two-night stays
- Taxes and $25/day resort fee not included; payable to property directly
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings