Catch Some Winks and Wilderness in the Canadian Rockies
Buffalo Mountain Lodge • Banff, Canada
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Lodge Room with One Queen or Two Double Beds on Sundays through Fridays
- Saturday-Night Stays are Available for an Additional $75 Fee at Time of Booking
High in the Canadian Rockies, there lies a pristine and gently sloping mountain that was once known to the native people as the Sleeping Buffalo.
Though it may go by the name Tunnel Mountain these days, not all that much has changed. After all, a peaceful night's sleep is what's in store for you with a two-night stay for two on Sundays through Fridays at Banff's Buffalo Mountain Lodge ($259). Lodge rooms boast one queen or two double beds, and weekend warriors can pay an additional $75 at the time of booking to make one of the nights a Saturday night.
Let the mountains take you back to a simpler time when nature itself was the ultimate in pleasure—and what better place than Banff, Canada's first national park? At this lodge, post-and-beam construction, high ceilings, and roaring fireplaces abound, and as you sink into the custom-made pine furnishings in your room, you'll wonder when rustic became so remarkable.
But you didn't come to Banff just to lounge on the balcony or patio all day (though it's alright if you did). A multitude of outdoor adventures—including dozens of hiking trails—await you.
"Banff is Canada's oldest national park, and its fabulous landscapes the first, best argument that Canada's abundant wilderness was worthy of federal protection," Frommer's says. "Its 2,564 square miles of dramatic mountains, glaciers, high moraine lakes, and rushing rivers make it one of the most gorgeous places on earth."
Ah yes, Banff National Park. No matter the season, there's always plenty going on here, whether you're confronting wild bears, soaking in hot springs, climbing waterfalls, or taking a scenic drive. Plan for a day here followed by a gourmet meal at Sleeping Buffalo Restaurant & Lounge, where you can start with a charcuterie platter featuring elk salami, wild boar pate, and aged Gouda—and finish with the caribou medallions, recommended by Travel + Leisure.
While the lodge may be situated on the mountain formerly known as Sleeping Buffalo, this activity-packed location makes for an Escape that is anything but a yawn.
"Located on Tunnel Mountain, Buffalo Mountain offers a quiet remove from the sometimes frantic action but is very much within striking distance of the town's shopping and dining; the Banff bus stops right at the front door."-- Frommer's
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Guests must make hotel reservation directly with the property by August 15, 2012
- Valid for travel May 15, 2012 through August 30, 2012
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid for groups, conferences, weddings or any existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy; extra adult (over 2 adults) charges are $25.00 to be paid upon arrival
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Voucher price is for Sunday to Friday stays only; may book Saturday night for an additional $75 paid directly to the property at the time of booking or check in
- Upgrades are available at time of booking for an additional cost
- Blackout dates are: May 18; June 9, 12, 13, 30; July 7, 21, 28; August 4
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 30, 2012 • Enjoy By August 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 50% savings