On the Backroads of Wine Country
Hope-Merrill and Hope-Bosworth Bed & Breakfast Inns • Geyserville, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays between Now and October 15 ($249) or Fridays and Saturdays between Now and June 30 ($299) in the Victorian, Carpenter Gothic, Bradbury, Vineyard View, or Oak Room
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast for Two
- Wine Passport for Complimentary Tastings at More Than 120 Sonoma County Wineries
- Welcome Bottle of Wine
The town of Sonoma was once the anti-Napa, boasting an agrarian vibe that its counterpart to the east had all but tamed into posh submission. It's now a bonafide wine country destination—even towns like Healdsburg, in northern Sonoma County, have become hot spots.
But if you head a bit farther north to Geyserville, home of this week's Escape to the Hope-Merrill and Hope-Bosworth Bed & Breakfast Inns, you'll encounter a town teetering on the edge of wine country stardom, unadulterated by the bells and whistles that swallowed its brethren to the south.
Get a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays between now and October 15 ($249) or Fridays and Saturdays between now and June 30 ($299), at one of these two Victorian B&Bs on a quiet strip of Geyserville Avenue.
Upon arrival, pop the cork on your included bottle of wine and settle in to one of five rooms (the Victorian, Carpenter Gothic, Bradbury, or Vineyard View Room in the Hope-Merrill House, or the Oak Room in the Hope-Bosworth House). Each is equipped with a queen-size bed and private bathroom (some with Jacuzzi or clawfoot tubs, others with walk-in showers) and appointed with mint-condition antique furnishings and ornate embellishments.
But don't let the inn's AAA Three Diamond rating fool you: With only 2,000 permanent residents, Geyserville is nothing if not friendly and down-to-earth, and the innkeepers are no different. They'll ply you with a five-course gourmet breakfast for two each morning (this is still wine country), provide concierge services at no charge, and set you up with a wine passport, courtesy of Wine Country Inns, for complimentary tastings at more than 120 wineries around the county.
Michelin stars? Not yet. Chic European-style boutique hotels? Maybe soon. Even Francis Ford Coppola's newest venture, an 88-acre Geyserville winery replete with swimming pool and restaurant, offers free pours of its red and white table wines. Let's just say Geyserville is a long way from Napa—but only a short drive from home.
"We absolutely loved our time there. Cosette and Ron were fabulous hosts. Breakfast every morning was so tasty—a great mix of fresh-baked goods and fresh fruits. The sausages they served each morning were very good. Even the coffee was above average."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book by September 15, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 4 additional as gifts
- May combine up to 2 vouchers for a 4-night stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 8 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Vouchers include daily gourmet breakfast for two, Wine Passport for complimentary tastings at more than 120 Sonoma County wineries, and a welcome bottle of wine
- 9% tax not included and payable upon check-in
- Must be over 21 years of age to stay
- Based on double occupancy; third adult welcome in the Oak or Victorian rooms and additional fee of $30/night applies
- Individually trained service animals accepted
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2012 • Enjoy By October 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings