Upscale Cuisine, Down-and-Dirty Fun in BC
Whistler Premier • Whistler, Canada
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a Hotel Room ($179) or a Deluxe Studio ($199) and a Five-Course Prix Fixe Meal for Two at Araxi
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays, in a Hotel Room ($239) or Deluxe Studio ($259) and a Three-Course Prix Fixe Meal for Two at Araxi
No matter the season, Whistler Blackcomb delivers the goods. And while North America's largest ski resort offers mountains of outdoor adventure, it's also home to one of British Columbia's most exciting indoor adventures—Araxi, frequently named Whistler Village's best restaurant.
With this week's Escape from Whistler Premier, check in to the The Blackcomb Lodge in the thick of Whistler Village. You'll get a one-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a Hotel Room ($179) or a Deluxe Studio ($199), plus a five-course prix fixe meal for two at Araxi.
Or, opt for a one-night stay for two, Fridays and Saturdays, in a Hotel Room ($239) or Deluxe Studio ($259), and get a three-course prix fixe meal for two at Araxi.
After check-in—in either a Hotel Room, appointed with a king-size bed or two twins; or a Deluxe Studio, outfitted with one king or two twin beds, a fold-out sofa, and a kitchen—take a dip in the Jacuzzi or in Whistler's only indoor swimming pool, both on-site at the Lodge. Both options offer a private bathroom, flat-screen TV, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Then, head to Blackcomb Mountain. It boasts 3,414 acres of skiable terrain and 5,280 feet of vertical (the longest drop in North America), which makes for excellent late-season skiing and boarding for beginners and experts alike.
In June, take advantage of the mountain's acreage with a little alpine hiking, or amp up the adrenaline with a trip to the Whistler Mountain Bike Park, where you can try your handlebars at more than 50 downhill trails.
Next: dinner at Araxi, which Gordon Ramsay called "the best restaurant in Canada" in 2008. Chef James Walt draws on British Columbia's bounty of sustainably raised meats and produce, plus Whistler's proximity to the Pacific, to assemble an ultra-fresh, seasonal palette of creative dishes. After your prix fixe meal, head to the bar and take in the night over a single malt Scotch.
No matter the season, adventure runs high and food comes fresh in this buzzing resort town in the Coast Mountains. And with this week's Escape to Araxi and The Blackcomb Lodge, you'll get the seasonal best of both.
"The kitchen makes the most of local ingredients such as house-smoked trout, Pemberton cheese and lamb, and Howe Sound oysters. Chef James Walt has a deft hand, producing dishes that are inventive yet tradition-based and full of flavor..."-- Frommer's
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Guests must make hotel reservation directly with the property by June 15, 2012
- Up to four vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Studio accommodations can accommodate four guests; additional fee of $20 (accommodation only) per person per night for the 3rd and 4th person (Kids 18 and under are free) applies
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Additional nights (accommodation only) are $109 per night for hotel room, $119 for deluxe studio and $129 for studio loft; guests may book additional nights or upgrade their room type directly with property at the time of making reservations for an additional fee
- Guests will be provided with a voucher for the Araxi Spring Dining five or three course menu; excludes beverages, tax, gratuity and off menu items; menu may fluctuate daily depending on season and availability of local produce
- Blackout dates are: May 13th – May 17th
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 21, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 21, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 21, 2012 • Enjoy By June 21, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 0% savings