Smooth Sailing on the Shores of Penobscot Bay
Glenmoor by the Sea • Lincolnville, ME
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Water-View Cottage, May 11 through June 30 ($239) or July 1 through 30 ($329)
- Daily Continental Breakfast for Two
- Champagne Split and Gourmet Chocolates
Roughly 70 percent of the planet is covered in water, yet Escaping to the sea is something special—a salty-sweet reminder of how tranquil life can be. Dive into a breezy Maine getaway with this week's trip to Glenmoor by the Sea, nestled on 14 acres of Penobscot Bay shoreline.
Admire panoramic ocean vistas from the privacy of a water-view cottage, where you and your first mate will spend two nights, May 11 through June 30 ($239) or July 1 through 30 ($329). For a romantic evening, pop open the split of champagne and nibble on the gourmet chocolates included with your stay. The smell of sea air and the sound of crashing waves out on your balcony will sooth the choppiest nerves.
Each morning, continental fare served in the breakfast room will help you rise like the tide. The resort offers guests a sea of amenities, including two heated pools, a two-tiered waterfront deck, a tennis court, and a "Great Lawn" with an evening fire pit.
Explore the property's private roads and footpaths before heading out for some sightseeing. Beyond the resort, browse depictions of the area's harbors at Farnsworth Art Museum in nearby Rockland, or venture less than three miles north to Swans Island Blankets for a handcrafted wool throw.
No visit to Maine's shores would be complete without a bite of lobster—get crackin' at The Lobster Pound Restaurant, a family-style seafood haven overlooking Penobscot Bay. Then, go for a leisurely paddle with Ducktrap Kayak to burn off the calories.
If you're looking for a breath of salty air, come sail away to Maine—this week's Escape is shore to please.
"The best part of the place is the stretch of rocky Maine coast just a few steps away from the oceanfront cottages... I've been walking, rock-picking, and just sitting on this shoreline stretch for years, and I've never seen another human."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Pets allow with nightly fee
- 7% tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 30, 2012 • Enjoy By July 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings