Historic Hideaway Near the Seacoast
Inn by the Bandstand • Exeter, NH
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($294) or Fridays and Saturdays ($350)
- Two Four-Hour Bike Rentals
- One In-Room Breakfast for Two
- Beach Bundle Rental
Historical roots and nautical nuances keep Exeter's streets flush with vintage charm. One of the first townships of New Hampshire, this city was settled in 1638 on the bed of the Squamscott River—just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean.
If you have the urge to slip away for a few nights, embark on this week's Escape to Inn by the Bandstand—two blocks from Phillips Exeter Academy—where you'll spend two nights, Sundays through Thursdays ($294) or Fridays and Saturdays ($350). Climb the inn's front steps, where you can catch performances by one of the country's oldest town bands on Monday nights in July.
You'll stay in the Cambridge, Kensington, Edinburgh, Somerset, or Lakeheath guest rooms. "Character and comfort are constants in all rooms," says Fodor's review of Inn by the Bandstand. "It's one of the best B&Bs in the state." Furnished with heirloom antiques, accommodations evoke the rich history of the 1809 inn while offering the convenience of wireless Internet and private baths.
Wake to an included in-room breakfast for two on one morning, then take a moment to linger in the property's extensive gardens before lacing up your sneakers and peddling into town with two included four-hour bike rentals.
In addition to hosting the American Independence Museum, the town features a plethora of quaint shops and restaurants. Cruise into The Framery and Gallery at Décor Antiques, where rich oak and mahogany frames dating back to the 17th century beckon to house your art. For lunch, try a hearty bowl of stew with a side of fresh-baked bread at The Loaf and Ladle.
Those yearning for fun in the sun can take their included beach bundle rental—including two towels, beach chairs, an umbrella, beach toys, and a cooler with iced drinks and snacks—to Hampton Beach. Just eight miles from the inn, the beach hosts a variety of events like a master sand-sculpting competition.
You don't have to hurry through today like you're late for tomorrow. Grab this Escape and pay a relaxing visit to days gone by.
"A gleaming 1809 Federal-style house with nine guest rooms and ten working fireplaces. Built for George Sullivan, a lawyer who also served as a state representative and senator, state attorney general, and in Congress for a term."-- The Boston Globe
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by June 15, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days and $50 applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- You are responsible for your reservation up to your voucher price plus applicable taxes and gratuity
- Extra fees apply for the third person and pets; call with questions
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates are 6/14, 6/29-7/1, 7/20-21, and 8/9-16
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 30, 2012 • Enjoy By August 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings