Fine Food and Luxury in Rural Essex
Linden House • Stansted, United Kingdom
- One- (£114) or Two-Night (£199) Stay for Two in a Superior, Superior Deluxe, or Four-Poster Room
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Two-Course À La Carte Meal for Two on First Evening
- Glass of Wine for Guests Dining on Second Evening
- Late Checkout
In medieval times, Chipping Walden was an ordinary, sleepy town dealing mostly in wool. Then, they discovered the saffron crocus, which was in much demand for use in medicine, food, and perfume. They started to grow them in large amounts, and declared their crocus focus with a new name: Saffron Walden.
Extract yourself from the humdrum and give your mood a similar upgrade with an overnight stay at Linden House for £114 (up to a £245 value), or add an extra night for £199 (up to a £421 value). The hotel has also undergone a transformation—it used to be an antique shop, and in homage, each individually designed room has a piece of furniture from those days. You'll plant yourselves amongst lush décor and roll-top baths in a superior, superior deluxe, or four-poster room.
Rejuvenate after the trip with an included two-course à la carte dinner, and tuck into dishes with refined flavours: the pan-seared wood pigeon salad is drizzled in walnut oil, the roasted Loch Fyne salmon is served with sautéed baby gem lettuce, and the rump of lamb is topped with wild mushrooms. If you are staying two nights and revisit to dine on your second, a glass of wine each is included.
After a full English breakfast, Saffron Walden is nearby and you could get lost in the maze at Bridge End Garden, or explore Audley End House—the parklands here received their makeover from renowned landscaper 'Capability' Brown, and you can also play at being a Victorian maid in the Service Wing.
With a late checkout too, this Escape has everything you need to do what Chipping Walden did: stop, and smell the flowers.
"Sleepy medieval villages hide down winding lanes and amid countryside that inspired the painter Constable."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- One voucher is valid for two people; option B must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 26 October 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Deal based on double occupancy in a superior, superior deluxe or four poster room
- Voucher includes daily full English breakfast, two-course a la carte meal for two on first evening, glass of wine for guests dining on second evening, late checkout
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 26, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 26, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 26, 2012 • Enjoy By October 26, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 53% savings