All That Jazz in N'awlins
Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans • New Orleans, LA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe King or Deluxe Double Room Any Days of the Week ($299)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Bourbon Balcony Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($349)
- Bottle of Champagne and Daily $25 Food and Beverage Credit
- Table Reservation at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse
- Sonesta Savings Pack with $250 in Local Discounts
A jazz legend once sang, "Way down yonder in New Orleans, in the land of the dreamy scenes, there's a garden of Eden, you know what I mean." We do know what he meant, and you can too with this week's Escape to the lush courtyard of the Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans.
You and a plus one will scat to the French Quarter for a two-night stay in a Deluxe King or Deluxe Double Room any days of the week ($299), or a two-night stay in a Bourbon Balcony Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($349). Known for having the best balconies in the city, the AAA Four Diamond Award-winner blends European touches with Southern charm.
Start your day by flipping through your included Sonesta Savings Pack. With more than $250 in discounts to local shops and attractions, the pack is the perfect way to save on an exciting day of sightseeing and beboping around town. Compose the perfect N'awlins day: Enjoy a brief interlude at the New Orleans Museum of Art; stroll through the historic Garden District; ride the St. Charles streetcar; or visit the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas or Audubon Zoo.
To keep your tempo up, grab lunch at Desire Bistro & Oyster Bar and use one of your nightly $25 food-and-beverage credits toward specialties like Creole jambalaya, shrimp and grits, po'boys, fried green tomatoes, and fried oysters served with the house barbecue sauce.
Afterward, explore the street markets and antique stores in the bumping French Quarter. "A promenade along Canal Street—the dividing line between the French and American districts—is a must," says BBC Travel. "It boasts some of the best shopping in the United States."
When you return to the hotel, pop your included bottle of champagne and take five in the courtyard, then head to your reserved table at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse. Order a cocktail and food, sit back, and listen to the Grammy and Billboard award-winning trumpeter or other local musicians perform. You can even do double time and swing by one of the clubs on Frenchmen Street before turning in for the night.
The next morning, take a dip in the pool before using your other $25 food-and-beverage credit to snag a cappucino and some goodies for the road from PJ's Coffee Cafe. Blow the horn on this week's Escape and you'll get your rhythm back in the birthplace of jazz.
"As one of the classiest hotels in the Quarter, the contrast between the boisterous hurly-burly of Bourbon Street and the Sonesta's elegant lobby couldn't be greater."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel May - September 30, 2012
- Reservation required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 3 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Table reservations for Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse must be made in advance; subject to availability
- Based upon double occupancy
- Not valid during special events; including but not limited to Essence Music Fest, Jazz Fest and Southern Decadence on Labor Day weekend
- Voucher includes a Sonesta Savings Pack with $250 in Local Discounts
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings