A Countryside Break on the Edge of London
The Edgwarebury Hotel • Elstree, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Overnight Stay for Two
- Breakfast Each
- Three-Course Dinner
- Just a 25-Minute Train Ride from London
They may have ears, but without a mouth to divulge the scandal they hear, most walls keep schtum. However, as the Edgwarebury Hotel proves, a building can tell a tale without the need for freaky fairground anatomy. Here, the story starts at the front door, taken from the dungeons of nearby Lewis Castle; inside, the wooden panels comprise timber from ships used in the Spanish Armada and the gothic frieze in the bar is made from old ship's lockers.
We invite you to become a part of this rich narrative, by turning the page on an overnight stay for two, including breakfast and a mouthwatering three-course dinner, for £79 (up to a £158 value).
The resplendent country house hotel is ensconced amid ten acres of gardens and woodland, just north of London in Elstree. Fully refurbished with Laura Ashley decoration, the new extensions maintain the elegant ambience of the older quarters, whilst offering visitors must-have, modern amenities such as free Wi-Fi, en-suite facilities, satellite viewing, and refreshments.
After settling into your room, you'll dine in the exclusive Cavendish Restaurant, where a three-course menu is embellished by the best of British cuisine, as well as continental classics. A continental, or cooked breakfast in the morning will energise you in time for adventures beyond the four walls; which due to the excellent location of the hotel, are aplenty.
Elstree Studios is only a couple of miles away and offers a sneaky peak behind the scenes at classic television programs and films, perfect for silver screen and soap star lovers. If you'd rather take your own shots of the undulating landscape, Aldenham Country Park comprises 175 acres of lush parkland, punctuated by a large reservoir, a rare breeds farm, and nature trail. Alternatively, zip into London in 25 minutes from nearby Elstree station and pick up a souvenir of your stay.
There's no need to be a fly-on-the-wall when it comes to indulgence; come to your senses with today's deal and create some gossip of your own.
''Surrounded by 10 acres of natural woodland, the hotel has all the character of a Tudor manor house with big stone fireplaces, carvings, and oak beams.''-- Visit London
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Limit one purchase per person; additional as gifts
- One voucher is valid for two people
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 31 July 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room
- Voucher includes breakfast each and three-course dinner on first evening
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2012 • Enjoy By July 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings