Urban Pop Culture in Designer Hotel
Dormirdcine • Madrid, Spain
- Two- (€145), Three- (€215), or Four-Night (€285) Stay for Two People in Cooltural Room
- Breakfast Included
- Access to 18 Movies, with Sweets, Popcorn, and Two Bottes of Water in Room on Arrival
- One Bottle of Wine with Lunch or Dinner Purchased at Comerdcine Restaurant
- Late 2 p.m. Checkout
- Short Flight from Dublin to Madrid-Barajas Airport (Not Included)
Starring in an iconic black and white movie, perhaps opposite Cary Grant or Humphrey Bogart, is many people's idea of the ultimate cinematic fantasy. Although we can't turn back time, we have created this week's Escape to help you indulge in a spot of movie make-believe: a two-night getaway in the quirky Dormirdcine for two people for just €145 (up to a €266 value). Or, a three-night break for €215 (up to a €364 value), or an extended four-night stay for €285 (up to a €462 value).
You'll stay in a fantastical Cooltural Room, which is dedicated to a classic movie and comes complete with props. The hotel itself is easy to reach from the airport: simply take the subway line 8 from Madrid-Barajas Airport to Mar de Cristal, the change to line 4 and alight at Avenida de América, from where you can walk.
The Dormirdcine is a new and exciting concept in urban residence. The experience begins the second you step through the doors and spot the bright, contemporary artwork that adorns the walls in the hallway and reception. The lift, papered with scenes from a 3D movie theatre, prepares you for your room, which is themed around a classic film or pop culture reference. Each is decorated with a mural painted by a local artist: perhaps you'll get the Cabaret room, which comes complete with feather boa and bowler hat. Or maybe you'll be greeted by scenes inspired by Stanley Kubrick, Woody Allen, Alfred Hitchcock, Tim Burton, The Hulk, Austin Powers, Batman, King Kong, or Lost in Translation.
As well as the impressive artwork, there'll also be two bottles of fresh water waiting for you in your room, as well as an array of sweets and popcorn for you to munch through as you watch any of the 18 movies that you have access to on your 32-inch flat screen TV.
After you've had your fun staying in and chilling out, head out to explore the city. If you fancy a tipple with an intellectual garnish as you stroll around the beautiful streets, visit a couple of the many bars Ernest Hemingway used to drink in—as did other famous faces such as Grace Kelly and Ava Gardner. Check out the infamous Museo Chicote, which is the place to be seen if you are into the art scene; other good watering holes include Cerveceria Alemana and the Irish-themed James Joyce pub, which sits on the site of the historic Café Lion—a favourite of the post-Civil War literati.
If you'd rather see what the Spanish shops have to offer, then take a trip down Augusto Figueroa, a street in the heart of Chueca that boasts some fantastic shoe shops, perfect for getting some winter paw-covers.
The hotel's fantastic restaurant, Comerdcine, will provide a delicious feast for you every morning with a buffet breakfast of hot eggs, several types of ham and bacon, Spanish cheeses and pastries, as well as fresh fruit and crusty rolls. Any guests who dine in the restaurant for either lunch or dinner will receive a complimentary bottle of wine with their meal.
Action the 'Buy Now' button today for an Escape that'll be sure to make you do a double-take.
"Madrid’s calling cards are many: astonishing art galleries, relentless nightlife, its transformation into Spain’s premier style city, an exceptional live music scene, a feast of fine restaurants, and tapas bars.''-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights and transfers not included
- Limit three purchases per person; additional as gifts
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 9 September 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Not valid May 25-26
- Deal based on double occupancy in a cooltural room
- Extra small beds for children not available
- Voucher includes breakfast, access to 18 movies, with sweets, popcorn, and two bottes of water in room on arrival, one bottle of wine with lunch or dinner purchased at Comerdcine restaurant and late 2 p.m. checkout
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 9, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 9, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 9, 2012 • Enjoy By September 9, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings