An Alluring Abode in the Southwest
Inn on La Loma Plaza • Taos, NM
- A One- ($149) or Two-Night ($269) Stay for Two in a Deluxe King Room Including the Happy Trails, Georgia's Garden, Sky, or Taos Pueblo Room, Sundays through Thursdays
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Four in a Deluxe King Studio Including the La Loma, Carey's, or Spanish Colonial Room, Fridays and Saturdays ($325)
- Daily Full Breakfast
In Taos, New Mexico, Native American artisans create handcrafted wares using age-old methods passed down through generations. Inherit this week's Escape to the Inn on La Loma Plaza, and you can experience the rich history of the Southwest firsthand.
Follow in the footsteps of centuries of explorers to Taos and stay at the historic landmark inn—just two blocks from the Taos Plaza.
Bask in the Old World charm and authentic Southwest ambience with a one- ($149) or two-night ($269) stay for two in a Deluxe King Room including the Happy Trails, Georgia's Garden, Sky, or Taos Pueblo Room, Sundays through Thursdays. Or, recline in a Double King Studio including the La Loma, Carey's, or Spanish Colonial Room during a two-night stay for up to four, Fridays and Saturdays ($325).
The inn's contemporaries have restored the property, some of which was built in 1800, and the AAA Four Diamond award-winning accommodations feature local art, wood-burning fireplaces, Mexican tile, and private decks or patios with mountain views.
Escapees will come into precious perks during their stay, including evening snacks, high-speed wireless Internet, parking, and access to a library of more than 500 videos.
Revive your energy with dishes like green chile strata, French toast, or granola pancakes at breakfast each morning, before slipping into the shopping spirit and heading to Taos Pueblo. Find mica-flecked pottery, see intricate designs etched on turquoise jewelry, and feel the buttery leather of tanned buckskin moccasins as you roam through the area.
Later, hike down into the Rio Grande Gorge—Frommer's calls the excursion one of the state's best outdoor pursuits. Get your pulse racing with a whitewater rafting excursion on the Rio Grande, hit the links at a nearby golf course, or grab some culture at the 2012 Remarkable Women of Taos and Northern New Mexico Exhibit, boasting more than 50 works of art crated by local women artists.
Taos is an art town, known for the legendary Millicent Rogers Museum, the Taos Art Museum, and the flourishing galleries in the plaza. The city is celebrating the "Remarkable Women of Taos" in 2012, and has a number of interesting exhibits throughout the year.
In the evening, savor organic and regional cuisine at The Love Apple; eclectic dishes in a cozy cafe ambience at Byzantium; inventive food in a hip atmosphere at Graham's Grille; or small plates with a New Mexican and Spanish twist at El Meze Restaurant.
After this week's Escape to Taos, you'll want to make it an annual tradition.
"The walls surrounding this Pueblo Revival building date from the early 1800s... The rooms have kiva fireplaces, CD stereos, coffeemakers, and Mexican-tile bathrooms, and many have private patios or decks. The living room has a well-stocked library."-- Fodor's Review of the Inn on La Loma Plaza
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 3 per purchaser, up to 3 additional as gifts
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 15 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Up to three vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Voucher does not include tax of 13.2% which is due at time of booking
- Not valid for existing reservations
- Specific room assignment, within purchased voucher type, will be based on availability at time of arrival; King rooms vouchers include: Happy Trails, Georgia's Garden, Sky Room and Taos Pueblo
- Children twelve and under stay free, extra person thirteen and older add $25 per night
- Up to four people allowed in Studio King rooms
- One child up to 5 years of age allowed in King rooms
- Please visit www.vacationtaos.com/policies.html for other hotel policies
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 27, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 27, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 27, 2012 • Enjoy By July 27, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 46% savings